Wiper Motors.........

SilverLining

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
A run from Key West back to Punta Gorda across Florida bay was pretty bumpy and really wet. The circuit breaker on the wiper switch of my 2000 272 Sailfish popped. Reset breaker and the wipers worked for a while then the breaker popped and could not be reset. Have never worked on these wipers other than replacing the blades. There is power to the rocker switch. Will start to further troubleshoot the system this weekend. Any thoughts on where to start or a probable cause?

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I haven't worked on them either, but from our description it sounds like a corroded motor that's pulling too much amps and blowing the circuit breaker. I would see about measuring it's draw when it's running. Or maybe it just siezed up all together - pull it out and test run it.

I have also seen that those circuit-breaker switches are prone to failure. You might try connecting your power lead to an alternate switch to test. We've replaced a few of those switches, the breaker replacements are available at most marine supplies.