Wireless mob systems, experience and installations on triple engine applications

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
I had on my previous twin engine (Yamaha 300s) boat a FELL Marine wireless mob system installed. It was an easy install also still maintaining the original kill switch. I liked the simplicity and it worked well for me.
Now I have triples with all electronic controls joystick, steering etc,
I was thinking of installing the same wireless system but when I looked into where to install it and how to wire it I came up with some obstacles.
1. Access to dashboard is a little hard but probably doable as some modules are mounted behind dash around wheel (not through mounts) blocking drilling 2"+ holes.
2. The existing kill switch has three wire sets (no separate wires they are sheathed) coming in (one from each engine I assume) and they seem permanently mounted, no way to connect anything to where they are connected inside the switch, it is all closed. I assume these are all part of the engine harness and factory sealed.
So the question becomes how to connect a wireless system to this set up??

H

Attachments

• 9D103B99-EB91-4AA7-8948-0ECCFA480733.jpeg
    9D103B99-EB91-4AA7-8948-0ECCFA480733.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 2

Fishtales

Reaction score
There was an independent one sold that just connected to the kill switch where your lanyard connects to. Then you connected the lanyard to the device box. It velcroed to the dash. I still have mine but don't use it all that much. Just a pia if you are switching drivers or leaving the helm to help with a fish etc.

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
FELLMarine has a system, the one I had. It has its own hub and based on Bluetooth wireless connection to a fob it detects if a fob falls off connection and cuts engines. It is wired from the lanyard kill switch, can replace it or stay in parallel so both works.
my question is simply how to wire it in practice. theory of connecting to wires coming into kill switch is simple, but how do you get to them as they seem "hardwired" into kill switch and unsheathing them, cutting into the wires is not something I want to do.
operating the boat alone a lot is why I would like a system that is wireless, ie lanyardless so one can move around boat.
h

JVT

Reaction score
I have the ACR OLAS system on my boat with twin Yamaha 300's and HelmMaster EX. It works great with twins to kill the motors in case of overboard, and you can add fobs for everyone on board. This enables you to assign a FOB to every person so you immediately know who may have gone overboard and where. I assume it will work with trips.

I had the dealer install the system prior to delivery so I can't answer any technical questions.