"Wireless" Trailer/Towing Lights

Nam67MC

Reaction score
:arrow: Has anyone else used wireless trailer/towing lights?

I purchased a set at Pepboy's auto parts store a couple of months ago for 149.00 and I must say they work pretty darn good on my boat trailer. I used them on my utility trailer last week and to pull a car behind my RV last month. You can strap them on or use the magnetic mounts on the bottoms. All you have to do is plug the transmitter into your towing vehicles trailer wiring plug and then mount the lights on your trailer or car. The transmitter then sends the brake - turn signals and running lights information to the wireless tow lights. Total hook up time for me was less then 1 minute. I will let you know in a couple of months how they are working out.

Let me know if anyone else has a set of these..

P.S. I also found these same lights on the JCWhitney.com and WirelessTowLights.com web sites for those of you who do not have a Pepboys close.

richie rich

Reaction score
yeah, they look OK on the web site...just wanted to see how they looked dimensionally on your trailer....most boat trailers have a wider tail light like you see from Wesbar....but the advantage of these wireless units looks interesting for sure....thanks

Seahunter

Reaction score
They sound good but would not meet legal requirements for a boat trialer in most States.

You need running lights and and a light bar if over 80" wide. Not much use of having removable tail lights if you need the rest of the lights hard wired in.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Wireless?

So they have built in batteries like my drill and turn on and off via remote?

How do you charge them?

Nam67MC

Reaction score
Batteries

Hi Bob,

Yep, they use 4 AA batteries in each light. I suppose you could use rechargables if you wanted. I am using lithium batteries. The transmitter plugs right into your trailer wiring plug on the back of your tow vehicle and then the transmitter sends the tow vehicles brake - turn - running - flashers back to the towlights.

I really like'em...

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Justs like cordless tools !

How do you know when batts are beat? Get some kind of warning?

Nam67MC

Reaction score
Battery life

Hi Bob,

The instructions say that when the batteries get low the lights will go to a flasher mode like when you put your flashers on in your vehicle.. That is the low battery indication.

I have been using the lithium AA batteries in mine and they are holding up. They are suppose to last for 24 hours. 12 hours for night driving with running lights and 12 hours for day time with no running lights. I mainly use mine to go to the lake once a week and the trip is about an hour both ways. I should be able to get by with one set of batteries for the summer.. They work good for what I have been using for, so I am satisfied..