Wiring question 2004 222 grady

Skippy's ship

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Update: all new lights and wiring for them thruput installed. New fuse box installed in raido box. Power ran to it. Vhf installed n tested. GPS installed n tested. Lenco tabs installed new wires ran..all old Bennett hydrolics n wires removed. New ignition switch installed.

Next time out. I'll tie up all wiring in bilge area pressure wash bottom n give her a scrub down with some soap n water...then she will be ready for a Yamaha on her stern..

Feels good to see the progress.

Skippy's ship

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Where did you buy your new console switches? Do they fit the original faceplate?
Got them doing an online search..I had to modify face plate 1/16 of an in larger maybe. I used a Dremel tool. Very easy mod.

Skippy's ship

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Well damit son....water test next weekend!!!! Motor sounds great...flushed n blead steering system tested trim tabs mounted transducer and tested and double checked all electrical pumps. Switches GPS Raido..All in working order!!! I believe she's mission ready men!!!

Skippy's ship

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Water test..gotta change props..gonna bump up n check a 19...also some scupper issues. Water comming in to floor if standing in stern area. I don't want wet feet. Ordering new scupper flaps. Gonna move batteries fwd into console. If that don't fix it when I finish the rebuild of motor. I'm gonna remove the scuppers n glass them in. Re rout floor scupper hoses to go into bilge. I have already added a second bilge pump both wired to separate batteries so I'm not worried about a bilge failure if it comes to that. I hate wet feet..not gonna have that. Nope...no...not!

Skippy's ship

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Scupper issue fixed.. also sealed the splashwell with the fold out. I took piano hinge off top. Screwed door shut applied silicone to seams...Wala! No more water comming thru splash well onto deck.

Full of fuel..full livewell extra 80 lb battery in back two men at 500 lbs..boats running 42 mph...she's now ready for the salt. All systems are go....I'll be adding bells n whistles thruout the summer.....

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
You best be careful tilting the motor up with the transom well door sealed up. It's designed to drop down when the motor hits it.