WM pulled the rug out on my GPS plans

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Over the last couple weeks I went through a lot of write ups, videos, and went to the store to try out the units.
I settled on the Lowrance Elite 9ti2 with coastal maps figuring it’d be the best bet for the inshore fishing I do.
It was very user friendly too.
It was $969 so I figured I’d wait for the big Black Friday sale. I get the flier today and it’s not listed, I go to the west marine site and it looks like they’ve dropped that model???
What the heck, it was there just last week now you can’t find the Elite 7 or 9???
Is it old tech already?
The bright side is that the Simrad GO9 xse is on sale, $300 off. It’s about the same unit. I’ll have to go back and reintroduce myself to that unit now. :(

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
If it’s any consolation, I liked the GO9 better since it’s radar capable. Basically same UI, but a more modern look without the buttons.

If your heart is set on the Elite 9 TI2 check out bass pro shops/ Cabela’s Black Friday...Also a deal on the 12in

9in for 599.97
12in for 999.97

If you want, maybe purchase now and get the price adjusted once the sale is going on. Or they might honor now.

seasick

Reaction score
I seem to remember posts about issues with the Elite line. Many said they had to send unit back to manufacturer and sometimes more than oncer. I don't remember the details but I do remember saying to myself :stay clear of that model"

Pighunter

Reaction score
Over the last couple weeks I went through a lot of write ups, videos, and went to the store to try out the units.
I settled on the Lowrance Elite 9ti2 with coastal maps figuring it’d be the best bet for the inshore fishing I do.
It was very user friendly too.
It was $969 so I figured I’d wait for the big Black Friday sale. I get the flier today and it’s not listed, I go to the west marine site and it looks like they’ve dropped that model???
What the heck, it was there just last week now you can’t find the Elite 7 or 9???
Is it old tech already?
The bright side is that the Simrad GO9 xse is on sale, $300 off. It’s about the same unit. I’ll have to go back and reintroduce myself to that unit now. :(
Is this it?

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Is this it?
That’s it and now Cabelas has it on clearance too. :oops:
Can’t help but ask why?
Boy that sure threw a wrench in the works.
I have an old Faruno that’s seriously outdated. I know these things are constantly being replaced with newer better units but it’d be nice to get something that isn’t outdated before it leaves the store.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
On clearance but will be cheaper on Black Friday...

It’s probably just getting replaced by a newer model, similar to the GO9 (GO7 was already replaced and not on sale)

It’s really your price point. I could have gotten the GO7 for 50 less than the GO9 but thought the GO9 was the better value.The GO7 was replaced as the prior version didn’t have radar capabilities. I assume something similar with the Elite.

Reactions: Pighunter

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
My use won’t include any need for radar. I’m looking for ease of use and a really nice sidescan.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Ok - I didn’t think there was any difference between the UI on the GOs vs Elites. If you liked the Elite, you’ll probably like the GO series

Reactions: Lt.Mike

seasick

Reaction score
My reference to Elite issues referred to the earlier Ti model and not as far as I know, the newer Ti2 model, Although they two models are very similar, there are differences that may or may not be important to you.
Here is a link to a comparison of both models

From what I have read, the T model has a slower processor and can have issues with slowness at times. The Ti2 as a faster processor that helps response and also allows some additional features.

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
My reference to Elite issues referred to the earlier Ti model and not as far as I know, the newer Ti2 model, Although they two models are very similar, there are differences that may or may not be important to you.
Here is a link to a comparison of both models

From what I have read, the T model has a slower processor and can have issues with slowness at times. The Ti2 as a faster processor that helps response and also allows some additional features.
I was sold on the ti2 and would be all over it if it went on sale if it wasn’t being abandoned by distributors. I tend to over think stuff like this that is a big deal for me to buy. Once I make a choice I’d like to hold that confidence at least to the day I buy it.

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
:rolleyes: Ok, checking the WM site again today suddenly the Lowrance 9 & 7 are back Up and available.
Thinking of going to take another look tomorrow.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Haha....so odd. See if you can price match with cabelas (or buy directly from them).

Before you get too excited, stop in and see if they have any inventory in their store or the warehouse.

Which WM are you going to? It’s on display in Woodbridge....

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Haha....so odd. See if you can price match with cabelas (or buy directly from them).

Before you get too excited, stop in and see if they have any inventory in their store or the warehouse.

Which WM are you going to? It’s on display in Woodbridge....
It was on display at the Brick store, but it’s been a few weeks.
Does WM price match?
The listing on Cabela’s says it’s out of stock. Going to ride out tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Yes, they do. Policy seems to be a little inconsistent store to store.

Just saw that Bass Pro/ Cabelas have none available. Think folks are buying it and then getting them to price adjust next week.

Reactions: Lt.Mike

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Yes, they do. Policy seems to be a little inconsistent store to store.

Just saw that Bass Pro/ Cabelas have none available. Think folks are buying it and then getting them to price adjust next week.
I went to WM today. Latched onto a fellow that volunteered his help and I probably overwhelmed him with questions but to his credit he had answers for all of them.
How about that, a salesman that actually learns and knows about what they sell ! :)
They didn’t have the elite 9 in stock but I can order it on line to deliver to the store ($969).
When it arrives I go and show them the Cabelas price and they’ll adjust it to that ($869).
The Simrad go9 will be on sale on the 20th for $899, $300 off.
He also gave me the option of buying the store display elite 9 for $750. Rather buy something that hasn’t had so many hands on it.