woody wax

Lew

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
So I just went to West Marine and bought some woody wax non skid spray bottle. I read all the instructions and went to the web site. I am still a little confused about the application on the hull. How do you apply this product to the hull ? Is it designed only for non skid deck applications ? Thanks in advance for your suggestions. My 97 voyager(new to Me) is in pretty good shape but I would like to get her gleaming and am waiting for further instructions. Lew

bdevlin5983

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Woody Wax is great stuff...on Non-skid surfaces. If you use it on smooth surfaces, it creates a skating rink. IMHO, there are much better waxes/polishes/polymers out there for doing the hull sides and top side smooth surfaces than woody wax. For the nonskid areas like the cockpit deck, gunnel tops, etc it is second to none.

Just follow the instructions on the bottle, its pretty simple, don't overthink it. I usually spray it onto large areas directly and then rub it in, or spray it on a small cloth/applicator for smaller areas, wait a bit, then buff the excess off.

Hopefully that helps...

Bren

sluggoe

Reaction score
works good on non-skid...but i also like it on aluminum and stainless;
--slugg

Grady678

Reaction score
Lew said:
So I just went to West Marine and bought some woody wax non skid spray bottle. I read all the instructions and went to the web site. I am still a little confused about the application on the hull. How do you apply this product to the hull ? Is it designed only for non skid deck applications ? Thanks in advance for your suggestions. My 97 voyager(new to Me) is in pretty good shape but I would like to get her gleaming and am waiting for further instructions. Lew

Best investment ever made by boaters is a rotary buffer/polisher. Pay for itself in 1 or 2 uses. That's truly the way to get her shining......forever if done regularly. Woody Wax will shed off the hull like Slater going down that emergency slide. WW Not intended for hull and won't last long. Rejex is quick and easy to apply and will last much longer. Think of Rejex on your hull as armor all is for tires....shiny at first but fades quick. Good luck!

LeapFrog

Reaction score
Woody Wax is definitely the way to go on the non-skid areas... It doesn't have the greatest of shine for the side areas but is effective and easy... Don't use it on the hull... it isn't made for it and won't last as stated above..
For the hull I've used 3m cleaner wax and more recently Meguire's all-in-one with a REAL buffer (the big angle grinder style, built specifically for buffing/polishing) One heck of a shine and will last most of the season, which is a good thing because that's how long it will take for your arms to recover! :mrgreen:
Call Woody Wax tech support. I did before I bought it. The lady was VERY helpful and gave me some tips and tricks that aren't included in the directions or on the web.
The stuff works miracles on aluminum pipe work!!!