Woohoo! Our new to us 2006 Sailfish passed survey.

Pighunter

Reaction score
Wow so glad your family is okay, enjoy the boat you earned it!

Captain TJ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
We had decided prior to the wreck that we want to switch to a diesel pusher in a few years so we could tow the boat with it as well. We ended up moving our timeline up on that purchase and we just brought home this beast to join our driveway. She's rated for 10k tow capacity and has a 350 hp Cat in her. Not a hot rod by any means but beautiful. I told Marcie that next time she doesn't want to wait she should still talk to me before making it happen. It has all worked out great except for the problem of bad timing for so much expense at once.

motorhome.JPG

Reactions: Pighunter

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Captain TJ,

Thank you from all of us Americans by infusing much needed oil to our economic machine.

I am glad your family is OK, that is scary stuff, and congrats on your new Sailfish!!

Really nice boat!

Lee

Reactions: Captain TJ

Capnjim7

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Love our Sailfish... Thought I drove a long way to Florida to get mine. Wow! Congrats!

Capnjim7

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
We had decided prior to the wreck that we want to switch to a diesel pusher in a few years so we could tow the boat with it as well. We ended up moving our timeline up on that purchase and we just brought home this beast to join our driveway. She's rated for 10k tow capacity and has a 350 hp Cat in her. Not a hot rod by any means but beautiful. I told Marcie that next time she doesn't want to wait she should still talk to me before making it happen. It has all worked out great except for the problem of bad timing for so much expense at once.

View attachment 15547
Wow... You are going to have some serious length if you try hauling that 282 behind the rig. You will need an airport runway to refuel and a massively long boat ramp with radically shallow incline to not bottom out... but I love your attitude!

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Wow- what a story, Have to say u guys don't mess around - new boat and camper. You will love the Sailfish, it is a great boat!

Captain TJ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Wow... You are going to have some serious length if you try hauling that 282 behind the rig. You will need an airport runway to refuel and a massively long boat ramp with radically shallow incline to not bottom out... but I love your attitude!

We will be leaving the boat for a couple months in the water during the main season so we won't be towing it every time. We also have decided when we do tow it we will either have her follow in my truck or have a friend launch it and pull it when we're there. I will not be trying to launch it with the rv. I don't know of any ramp that I could get it over the hump without bottoming out. Many logistics to figure out. A couple of the places we go have a launch service as well.

Gradywhiteonthehorizon

Reaction score
11755 3rd Street E Treasure Island, FL33706
Model
Seafarer
That's gonna be an exciting trip out to get it. If you aren't.t planning no to splash it in any lakes on the way back, getting it shrink-wrapped for the trip would be money well spent. I towed one from Western Washington to Florida and it got some gravel dings in the gel coat. I had cardboarded the glass so it survived. One thing I did that helped with the bug splatter was I wrapped my radar and all the hard top tubing with Saran wrap and it saved hours of bug cleaning. We hit an area with lots of love bugs. Our first experience.

We did stop and boated on Lake Powell and I highly recommend it. Way different country than Puget Sound for sure. Some cool things to see. Good luck.

Captain TJ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I brought packing wrap and it wasn't sticky enough to stay on the radar and hardtop. The hardtop flare for the upper compartment and the flare below the windshield are the two areas that got the most of the bug problem. Otherwise it was an easy clean up and a great trip.

Gradywhiteonthehorizon

Reaction score
11755 3rd Street E Treasure Island, FL33706
Model
Seafarer
I brought packing wrap and it wasn't sticky enough to stay on the radar and hardtop. The hardtop flare for the upper compartment and the flare below the windshield are the two areas that got the most of the bug problem. Otherwise it was an easy clean up and a great trip.

OBX Sailfish

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
One final thing to take a gander at( not trying to be a buzz kill but hate giving the highway enforcement branch any more of our fishing budget than required lol) is your combined length on the RV/Boat trailer.. they vary state to state ...most are around 70' but some are less.

Captain TJ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
One final thing to take a gander at( not trying to be a buzz kill but hate giving the highway enforcement branch any more of our fishing budget than required lol) is your combined length on the RV/Boat trailer.. they vary state to state ...most are around 70' but some are less.

WA is 75' but we come in right at 70' with our current set up. She's quite long but after towing her to the ocean this week and back the RV handles it quite well.

Reactions: Capnjim7