Work day - update and need help

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Looks like WMW is closed for the week.. so, 3 weeks since an update and no idea where they are at on the top. This better be a damn good top.. lol

R

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
You live on a ranch in Texas, right? Forget the water hose, and those muffs. Back those engines up to the horse trough and lower them in until the water level is a couple inches over the anti vent plate. Flood the water pumps, and you’ll know whether it’s going to pee, or not.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Lol no, I do not live on a ranch, we own one about 5 hours away:p

The boat is at a friend’s dad’s place 121 miles away. We left it there so we could put the top on end of this month and I am just getting ansy...heh

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Agree with glacierblaze. Sometimes ear muffs might not give enough water pressure to really test it.

I bought a plastic horse trough from Tractor Supply Co. and it will accommodate my Honda BF200 trimmed down. It's handy to have if you want to change fluids off water so you can warm up the engines first.

I'm not very technical, you'll have to copy and paste.

Rubbermaid Structural Foam Stock Tanks, 150 gal. Capacity, 4245-00-GRAY
SKU # 222991999

Also, what Lsquared said about critters going into the pee hole is also common. Happened to me when I first bought my boat. I freaked out a bit, then took the smallest twig near me from a dead tumbleweed and poked it up in there as far as I could and voila, fixed problem immediately. I think because there is water residue in the line at the plastic grommet, it's a buffett call for a whole manner of wildlife.

Attachments

• 20190704_162400.jpg
    20190704_162400.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Last edited: