Working on a golf cart...

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
So, a friend borrowed my tractor trailer to pick up a golf cart for his brother-in-law. His brother-in-law, in turn....decided it was too much work for him heh.. so, my buddy offered it to me. Yes.. we are still friends...lol

Anyway, I was debating on how to fit it into a GW "theme"....

I saw the EZGO tag on the front was broken, so thought about a Grady tag engraved heh.

As I was typing this... my original thought was to paint it in a bed liner texture (covers up scratches a lot easier)... in RED... but.. I just had an idea.. if I do white.. then add some left over grady pin stripes down the side.. lol....

I could then cut in a few fishing rod holders like in the gunnels, along the body.. lol

Anyway, long way to go. I am taking it apart and totally stripping it. I am converting it from a 36v piece of junk to a 48v electric TXT

Going to take it slow as mu goal is the a/c in the boat before I add anything major to anything else..heh

May also get some custom seats and add the GW logo on them.. heh

Ideas?

R

Attachments

• IMG_3845.JPG
    IMG_3845.JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3844.JPG
    IMG_3844.JPG
    281.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3843.JPG
    IMG_3843.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3895.jpg
    IMG_3895.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 0

Fishtales

Reaction score
Looks like the upholstery can be done pretty easy - GW color and vinyl?
Maybe paint the body and frame GW gelcoat white?
Hit the local dealer or web for the GW striping and maybe labels?
Get the rod holders that double for drink holders at least get some use out of em...
Maybe a GW pendant (off website) and drinkware.
Can go pretty crazy with items and cost if you want.

Reactions: RussGW270

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Looks like the upholstery can be done pretty easy - GW color and vinyl?
Maybe paint the body and frame GW gelcoat white?
Hit the local dealer or web for the GW striping and maybe labels?
Get the rod holders that double for drink holders at least get some use out of em...
Maybe a GW pendant (off website) and drinkware.
Can go pretty crazy with items and cost if you want.

Yea, I plan to have a little fun with it. Not going to be a fast solution as I do not want to throw a lot of money at it fast... like a boat.. lol.. but, if I am taking my time, a little at a time... may as well have some fun with it, right? lol

I'll be checking into the colors this week. I am off all week so. I already have plenty of extra pin-striping left over from the boat, so that should be easy.

Could be fun ;)

R

bill

Reaction score
Twelve cup holders, stainless wheel, rod holders, Yeti cooler, and one of those hitch props on the transom

• Haha

Fishtales

Reaction score
Don't forget the bilge pumps in the cooler and battery tray.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Well, right now, my son and I are having fun doing the small things. Our boat is priority #1, so... till that is ready for this Spring, not spending a lot on the cart. I plan to get a new "cheap/used" laptop specifically for the boat and my drones. The one I have will not work unless plugged into a power source and just ready to be thrown.. heh....or left in the shop. That plus the a/c project... and then after that, we will be adding to the cart. The only thing we will be buying for the cart atm is street lights... rather teach them to drive with that than my truck lol

R
p.s. sorry for the "cart talk".....having fun figuring how to match it to the boat :p

R

dogdoc

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
When we bought the house in Florida I was driven to get a golf cart. Little old lady in the neighborhood had a older but great shape club car electric with dead batteries. Felt bad she had burned out 2 sets of Trojan batteries in just a few years from over charging. The guys at the battery store were happy to sell her expensive batteries but no mention of charger and charging. 1000 for the cart 800 for a set of batteries (not trojan for sure!!) and 50 for a 48 v maintainer. It has been a blast. We did not go with pin stripes but have managed to put on a few stickers

Fishtales

Reaction score
well, just cascade down the parts you replace on your boat to the cart... Free.