Worst Riding Boats

B-Faithful

Reaction score
In one of the threads I asked what brand walkaround-type boat rides better than a Grady... There are a lot of Walkaround-style boats out there and I cannot think of one that rides better in this particular class. I dont think I got much of a response either.

bc282

Reaction score
B-Faithful said:
In one of the threads I asked what brand walkaround-type boat rides better than a Grady... There are a lot of Walkaround-style boats out there and I cannot think of one that rides better in this particular class. I dont think I got much of a response either.

I couldn't agree more 8)

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
B-Faithful said:

You mean Jimmy did not answer back to you :mrgreen:

catch22

Reaction score
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
B-Faithful said:

You mean rant. :evil: :D

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Apologies to Jim

hotajax said:
Legend said:
Yeah I think it is Jimmy. His style has not changed

Jim provides us all with some comic relief - even down to insulting potential customers. Leave him alone and just enjoy the show you don't have pay for.

A few days ago I posted this about Jim - I should not have done it. We were working on a deal of sorts, and I misunderstood the terms. We have since straightened out the whole thing - it took a while that's for sure. But we hung up on good terms (I think). He was going to lend me something to try out at NO cost to me, how many other guys would do that?? So, I was wrong, and I'll take my lumps here.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I personally never had an issue with Jimmy. I actually looked forward to his advise. It was just the tone of some of his responses and the question marks that would derail what were very informing and productive threads. I used to ignore them but many would take the tone as a challenge and respond accordingly.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
He usually gave good advise, but was very adament about his way. Say you want to go to the corner store, more than 1 way will get you there. What put him over the edge was when he went too far and attacked people.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have engaged with far too many bright, successful, and helpful people in many walks of life to tolerate lack of civility for any length of time. Life is simply too short for such needless conflict. Regardless of arguably good advice, the board was justified in removing his presence. There are plenty of opposing opinions here but the difference is how they are presented, along with respect for other individuals.

Most other boards I frequent would have issued one warning and banned such a poster upon the next rule violation. Period.

B-Faithful

Reaction score
catch22 said:
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
B-Faithful said:

You mean rant. :evil: :D

I hate to say it but some of you Grady guys just fuel his fire. I think he gets a kick out of getting your panties in a bunch. It certainly becomes entertaining watching the drama unfold between all the parties.

Just always keep in mind that Its the internet guys. Dont take it so personal :)

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
mronzo:" Did you read the guy who said he had a 265 that rode like crap and pounded? Yours doesn't ride like crap and pound does it? Mine neither!
The bashers will always bash...[/quote]

Yup it rides like total crap...thats why this past weekend I was runing 30mph into a 4 ft head sea with a dry ride and boats were following me back to my marina.,...bigger boats. The 265 is a deep V made to take a chop, I'm sure flatter bottom boats will be better.hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha what idiots on that site.

Itsd funny how guys try to say a boat rides good or bad, ...what are they comparing it to...other similar boats in its class, older boats, newer, or totally differnt stlyes even? I love when I see guys explain things about why bhulls ride like they do and well have no clue what they are saying and contradict themselves. It makes me laugh, especially since I design them. If all they said were true about why boats handle like they do we'd have a new breakthrough in the industry ever darn day.

Plain and simple, there is NO perfect boat and never will be. Every boat has its flaws and some may like it more then others. It will always be this way. Just go enjoy the boat you have and when a better one comes along that you can afford, buy it, otherwise shut up and deal!!!

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Being threatened IS PERSONAL. Personal insults IS PERSONAL.

For those that are fence sitters serves for a soap opera of entertainment value. HeHeHe. Not for those who participate here.

This site is a place "Where Grady-White Enthusiasts Come Together".
Isn't it? That's crystal clear to me. If someone doesn't like it, lump it.
That's right - and being a cry baby about it doesn't change anything.

THT can be a free for all bar brawl, what's appropriate at bar brawls is appropriate for bar brawls. Between bar brawls, the only thing from THT recently for me has been the two Judge threads. Without an internet forum, this would not be something I'd be able to experience.

FACT: GG experienced a tremendous influx of new members as a result of the "rules" and immediately following actions taken thereof.

Go to gradyowner.com if you want to see what damage such behavior escalated into, a still birth? Destructive behavior doesn't belong at GG. You know what to expect if you continue to tolerate destructive behavior. Besides placing an undue baby-sitter burden on the Adminstrators, tolerence for destructive behavior is a no-no. Tolerence for opposing opinion is a hard earned solid hit out of the park.

GOOD LUCK - trying to find one drop of enthusiasm for Grady White boats in any single one of his threads, in any site, anywhere you care to look. So what's the problem?

So don't crap destruction where you eat, go crap it somewhere else. And you can have all the fun doing it you want. I won't be laughing about it, if you don't mind. Destruction of anything good makes me sick to my stomach.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
To paraphrase a recently departed actress in a famous comedy scene:

"I want whatever Bob was having" when he wrote that post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to the original subject:

The 265 was a GW experiment to produce a model which leaned a bit more to the fishing usage. I always thought they were great looking and the first true express from GW. A good friend at our marina fished one hard, both mid-shore and to the stream (60nm). He went out sometimes in conditions that I would have stayed at the dock in my 272 or 300.
Note the center helm and several other innovations made it to later models.

Interestingly, GW rolled back the deadrise after customer feedback which further reinforces the notion that GW owners do NOT desire deep V hulls such as Regs, Albies, Contenders, etc. Apparently their market favors more stability and less roll. My wife rode in a deep V ONCE in the ICW and swears if I ever want one, she would not longer be able to accompany me on backwater cruises. She is very prone to motion sickness.

It all makes sense to me but the THT mantra that every owner wants a 24.5 degree deadrise hull is simply myopic.

PJJR

Reaction score
If 24 degree deadrise hulls (at the transom) are so much better and more desireable, why is it that the overwhelming majority of builders don't produce them ? Guess every builder is missing the boat, az should start his own boat company :roll:

Harleyfxdl

Reaction score
I am a new to Grady owner. I went out a couple of weeks ago to see the USS Intrepid towed back to her berth with the family (son-6 and daughter-3) plus the wife. Now my wife looks for any reason to complain and this was the day to do it. Lower manhattan looked like to open Atlantic with 4 ft waves and a 15-20 mph wind. My 208 Adventure, in true Grady fashion, rode like a charm. I have owned many boats, including a BW Montauk, but nothing even came close to the ride of this beast. At no point did I question my being in those conditions with my kids. The boat preformed flawlessly and even impressed the wife, which is no easy task. I must say, Grady builds one hell of a boat. Let all those others bash the Grady's. They do so because they probably can't afford a Grady but I love this boat.

slipkid

Reaction score
I joined THT somewhere back around 2001 and it was a great site back then. I probably was on that site at least once or twice a day back then. Around 2002 or 2003 Wiley asked for a one time donation for a life membership. After only a couple of months he was asking for money all the time and a whole crop of guys on there started berating guys who they felt didn't anty up money often enough (buying "wheels"). I think that is when the site became a soap opera. Now I check it about once every six months and it makes me sad because it reminds me how good it used to be.