WTB 22' Seafarer!

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
No I do not have a phone number if you would have to join the face book group
I’ve been speaking with Brian the owner and he said his mechanic came out to look over the motor and it has the dry exhaust corrosion issue. In speaking with a local dealer… they’re saying the parts are at least 4 weeks out and it’s around $2k to do the fix. That being said, they told me if they take the motor apart and the rest of the inside of the motor is rotted out as well, I’d be looking into having to buy a brand new motor. They also said that you can’t tell if the rest of the motor is rotted out until you start to disassemble the motor. Sounds like a very big roll of the dice.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Just saw this one on BT, looks like it’s mislabeled as a 226. Im not affiliated and don’t have any personal interest in the boat, just passing it along.

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Just saw this one on BT, looks like it’s mislabeled as a 226. Im not affiliated and don’t have any personal interest in the boat, just passing it along.

Yep good catch, that is an 228G hull.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Also, I found this 228 Seafarer on Boat Trader. I’m not sure if this boat is legit or not as the price seems rather low, there’s only two pictures on the ad and the numbers on the side of the boat don’t appear to match the state it’s being sold in. Although it’s difficult to see on my iPhone as opposed to a computer or tablet. Proceed with caution if you do inquire on.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Found the same 2005 228 Seafarer on Craigslist that I listed above on BT for the same price. Appears to be legitimate, for those that are interested. Again, it’s not my boat and I’m not affiliated with it. Looks to be in decent shape and for a fair price, has radar but no trailer.

Carlo2888

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I'm interested in a 22' Seafarer, 2001 and newer. West Coast prefered but will consider the right boat at the right price. Let me know!
Found a East Coast boat.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Found a East Coast boat.
Yep, that's the same boat that I posted a couple comments above on September 29th. Looks like a decent boat, although I think she's priced a bit high considering she doesn't come with a trailer and just basic electronics. That, and there's a video on YouTube where they do a sea trial run on the exact same boat of which there are a few things that don't work on her.

trilogy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer