WTB Adventure 208

Cobalt77

Reaction score
Looking for a newer (<10 yr) A 208 with a low hr. 150 (or bigger) Yamaha, $40k-$50k range. This would be for Adirondack lake use getting to/from cabin from ice-out to winter close. Don't need more boat than a 208. No road to the site so doesn't need to be fast but it absolutely needs to NMW get there. My in-town slip will do a 20 footer ok, longer would be a challenge. Looking for hard top and full curtains. Fishing not first priority so light gear on that side is fine. Once on the lake won't need a trailer. Prefer non-saltwater prior use.

chadwick11

Reaction score
Looking for a newer (<10 yr) A 208 with a low hr. 150 (or bigger) Yamaha, $40k-$50k range. This would be for Adirondack lake use getting to/from cabin from ice-out to winter close. Don't need more boat than a 208. No road to the site so doesn't need to be fast but it absolutely needs to NMW get there. My in-town slip will do a 20 footer ok, longer would be a challenge. Looking for hard top and full curtains. Fishing not first priority so light gear on that side is fine. Once on the lake won't need a trailer. Prefer non-saltwater prior use.
I have a GW 205 with full canvas enclosure including drop curtain in the back. 100% fresh water boat since new - I'm the second owner. Full 2021 garmin electronic package MFD, autopilot, radar, etc installed last year. Yahama 225 four stroke with 365 hours. Boat shows like new. Live in MI. I'm thinking about posting it soon to updgrade - I'd be in the 50's range for price and includes all aluminum continental trailer.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Are you willing to travel? If so, how far? About the only one that matches all your criteria on the big 3 boat sales websites would be the one linked below and I'm not sure if that's a scam or not. Whenever I see a listing on BT from a private seller with 2 pictures, or less than a handful, and not a lot of information about the boat then it seems like it's 50/50 at best. I always like having a "burner" email address that I use to respond to things like that so if they do blow up your email with ads and so forth, at least it's not your primary account or one that you care about.

Cobalt77

Reaction score
I have a GW 205 with full canvas enclosure including drop curtain in the back. 100% fresh water boat since new - I'm the second owner. Full 2021 garmin electronic package MFD, autopilot, radar, etc installed last year. Yahama 225 four stroke with 365 hours. Boat shows like new. Live in MI. I'm thinking about posting it soon to updgrade - I'd be in the 50's range for price and includes all aluminum continental trailer.
Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated. We're looking for a cuddy floor plan since we'll be crossing in all kinds of weather with a number of people. Our current open bow is not ideal for that.

Cobalt77

Reaction score
Are you willing to travel? If so, how far? About the only one that matches all your criteria on the big 3 boat sales websites would be the one linked below and I'm not sure if that's a scam or not. Whenever I see a listing on BT from a private seller with 2 pictures, or less than a handful, and not a lot of information about the boat then it seems like it's 50/50 at best. I always like having a "burner" email address that I use to respond to things like that so if they do blow up your email with ads and so forth, at least it's not your primary account or one that you care about.

Thanks, Mustang. I saw that one too. While we'd travel for the right one I agree this listing felt a bit off.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

seasick

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated. We're looking for a cuddy floor plan since we'll be crossing in all kinds of weather with a number of people. Our current open bow is not ideal for that.
What is a number of people?
The 208, a great small boat is really a small boat. Although it can handle seas rougher than you might want to ride, it is not suitable for ALL kinds of weather. It will rock and roll and can pound quite significantly in rough seas.
In certain conditions, like head wings and seas, it will struggle with a 150 and really struggle when curtains are up and the winds are unfavorable.
Note that if you use the aft drop curtain, only two adult people will fit at the helm. If you ride rough seas with folks in the cabin, they will most likely get seasick and/or a bit beat up.

Also note that when carrying passengers aft, especially on the aft locker seats, the ride can be wet in certain conditions.
Passengers may be drier using the mid hull aft facing seats behind the helm chairs but if using the drop curtain, they will still be exposed to the weather.
So if you want to sail with your spouse and one or two small children, the hull will work (seasickness aside:)) having the kids in the cabin if the weather is bad but for more than 2 adults, if may not be a comfortable ride in angry seas.

Cobalt77

Reaction score
Thanks, sea.
The number of people varies from 2 to as many as 5. Right now is all adults until grandchildren start popping out. I certainly appreciate the comments and they are well taken. As this is an Adirondack lake our rough seas are not what you'd see in open water. We have a bay of about 2 miles wide where seas can reach 3 to 4 feet but that's a rare occurrence. Normal "rough" for us is 2 to 3 feet. 95% of the time it's 1 to 2 foot or less. Total crossing to the camp is usually 20 minutes or less depending on load and conditions. We open the camp at ice-out when it's me, my brother in law tools, equipment and whatever construction supplies we need to fix what the winter broke. Open deck is more useful than more seats. I'd like a longer hull but 20' is about the max we could fit in our in-town slip which are VERY hard to come by, sizing up is in no way assured. Several of the other owners in our cove have walkarounds and they all swear by their utility.

seasick

Reaction score
You can carry 6 persons seated. They may get wet as mentioned. If you are planning on fishing, 3 people is doable, 4 is difficult.
I also think the 150 will be hard pressed with 5 people but I suppose that may or may not be an issue for your applications.