WTB Grady White 208 Adventure

hanke777

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I started looking for a hardtop for it but they seem hard to find or Really expensive!

Reactions: Lt.Mike

hanke777

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Thanks. I started looking for a hardtop for it but they seem really hard to find or Really expensive!!!

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I started looking for a hardtop for it but they seem hard to find or Really expensive!
Finding a factory hardtop for a boat that didn’t come with one is as close to impossible as you can get. Your looking at getting a custom top .
If your boat shopping and you want one with a hardtop you’re best waiting for a boat that already has one to become available.

hanke777

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I just bought a really nice 208 without a hardtop. It would be nice but not a must have.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
If later down the road and you find you want a hardtop and can spare the change, WMW Marine makes the factory hardtop for Grady-White. I'm sure they could make you a top and it would look correct on the boat.

hanke777

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I contacted WMW Marine last week and he was going to verify that they have the tooling jig or if current hardtops fit my 1997 and put together a price list with different options. I really do like the look with the hardtops! Hope it's affordable.

Reactions: MFH

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Depends on your idea of affordable!! Lol,,,, For me, to have a factory correct hardtop for my boat would be worth it. The only reason I wouldn't put one on your 208, is if you plan to upgrade to a 228 with a hardtop in the next year or two, then possibly not worth the investment. If you're going to keep the 208, then by all means, put a hardtop on it.

hanke777

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Lol Roger that! I really like the look and functionally of the hardtop!

Sloose

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
Proud owner of a Great Grady White 208!

My first boat:)

Thanks Sloose !
You are most welcome. I'm glad everything worked out.

I can personally vouch for that boat. It is a GREAT boat - and my cousin is absolutely METICULOUS. (technically he is my second cousin). He gets it from my uncle (his grandfather_ - who is a 4 time grady owner. They only buy the best of the best Gradys when they buy used - and they maintain them in showroom condition.

You will not be dissapointed with your purchase- ryan is a stand up dude. That motor runs like a sewing machine. I know he's sorry to see it go but he wants/needs to move up. I feel there isnt another 208 from that era in better condition anywhere.

I liked his grady so much that I just bought a 257. :D

Sloose

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
Depends on your idea of affordable!! Lol,,,, For me, to have a factory correct hardtop for my boat would be worth it. The only reason I wouldn't put one on your 208, is if you plan to upgrade to a 228 with a hardtop in the next year or two, then possibly not worth the investment. If you're going to keep the 208, then by all means, put a hardtop on it.
My cousin was going to do the hardtop but like you mentioned - moving up was in his plans - so recouping the investment on the hardtop wasnt really there for him. Are factory correct hardtops even available?

hanke777

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
1st Congratulations on your new 257!!!

After talking with your cousin I feel Very good about the boat and hearing from you I have no doubts what so ever I am getting a Great boat!!! Thanks again!!!

My understanding is WMW Marine builds factory GW hardtops. I am waiting to hear back from them on cost.

I have checked around for custom fab ones; for a very basic one $5,000 to full meal deal with canvas $11,000!
I tend to keep things; like my daily driver, a 1996 F250 powerstroke I bought new 330,000 miles. Pretty sure I will keep the 208 till I can't pilot it anymore :)

hanke777

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Yes, he was going to see if that had the tooling jig or the current ones will fit the 1997 boat

MFH

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I contacted WMW Marine last week and he was going to verify that they have the tooling jig or if current hardtops fit my 1997 and put together a price list with different options. I really do like the look with the hardtops! Hope it's affordable.
Hello Hanke777;
I am currently looking to purchase a GW-208Adventure in Bellingham, WA and it doesn't have a hard top which I prefer. If possible when you get the quote, do you mind telling me what they would charge for getting one done? Would be much appreciated.
Cheers, Marc

hanke777

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I sure will. They seem to be the only ones that do not require the boat on site.

Reactions: MFH

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hello Hanke777;
I am currently looking to purchase a GW-208Adventure in Bellingham, WA and it doesn't have a hard top which I prefer. If possible when you get the quote, do you mind telling me what they would charge for getting one done? Would be much appreciated.
Cheers, Marc
Mr MFH, you may have seen it but there is a 228 with a hardtop for sale on Seattle Craigslist Eastside, may be an option if the hardtop for the 208 is too expensive, not sure of your price range.

MFH

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Mr MFH, you may have seen it but there is a 228 with a hardtop for sale on Seattle Craigslist Eastside, may be an option if the hardtop for the 208 is too expensive, not sure of your price range.
Thanks for that. Yes, I did see that and unfortunately it is too much for what we want.
Ideally we are looking for a late 90's to early 20's GW Adventure 208 with a "4 stroke". The motor is a must. Don't want a 2 stroke.
Looked at others on the east coast and central US since there are lots available but shipping is usually around 1/2 the cost of the boat so that's a non starter.
Will keep searching. :)

hanke777

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I have one being delivered in the next day or 2 from Raleigh North Carolina to Graham Wa. for $1.00 a mile:)

MFH

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I have one being delivered in the next day or 2 from Raleigh North Carolina to Graham Wa. for $1.00 a mile:)
Where is Graham, WA? What is the closest larger city in WA since I can't find it on Google Map.