WTB Grady White 265

Gullchaser

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Hello all,
I am interested in purchasing a Grady White 265. Preferrably in New Jersey, but am open to boats from other areas. I know these boats are difficult to find. Let me know what you have. Thank you all, I love reading this forum.
Mike

Joshcoe

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I have a 2004, 650 hrs on 225 4 strokes, NEVER left in water, lift kept, no bottom paint, outriggers, exhaust kit being done this week (not for necessity, but for precaution), full service records, new eisenglass enclosure going in this week. Between new enclosure, exhaust kits, and 100 hr engine maintenance (fluids, pumps, filters, new plugs, all new trim seals, etc..) dropping $10k in it this week. This is why it’s one of the cleanest 265’s and this has the updated Hull (the early 2000’s models had a following sea issue.). It is also fully loaded with windlass anchor, furuno chart plotter, Furuno depth finder/fish finder, furuno 16 mile radar, pump out head with macerator, fridge, micro, hot water system, all standard equipment - Everything works as it should.

I believe 2004 was the last year the 265 was made - very difficult to find a 2004 265 or one with 4 strokes. People don’t let these go, I know a guy who had his 265 re-powered 3 times - he has ample means to buy any other boat, but can’t let go his 265. Also, aside from maybe 150 gallons 2 years ago, it has had non-ethanol fuel in it it’s entire life. I take it 20 miles on water across the Chesapeake bay to fill up the 250 gallon tanks with non-ethonal gas in Cape Charles, VA.

I have a list of people that want to buy it. I live on the water and often have people pull up to my dock when I’m cleaning her to ask if I would be willing to sell it. There is a cult following for this boat.

I’m looking for a 305 or 330 (don’t think my boat lift can handle a 330). As my grandpa always told me, everything is for sale at the right price.

Reaction score
I have a 2004, 650 hrs on 225 4 strokes, NEVER left in water, lift kept, no bottom paint, outriggers, exhaust kit being done this week (not for necessity, but for precaution), full service records, new eisenglass enclosure going in this week. Between new enclosure, exhaust kits, and 100 hr engine maintenance (fluids, pumps, filters, new plugs, all new trim seals, etc..) dropping $10k in it this week. This is why it’s one of the cleanest 265’s and this has the updated Hull (the early 2000’s models had a following sea issue.). It is also fully loaded with windlass anchor, furuno chart plotter, Furuno depth finder/fish finder, furuno 16 mile radar, pump out head with macerator, fridge, micro, hot water system, all standard equipment - Everything works as it should.

I believe 2004 was the last year the 265 was made - very difficult to find a 2004 265 or one with 4 strokes. People don’t let these go, I know a guy who had his 265 re-powered 3 times - he has ample means to buy any other boat, but can’t let go his 265. Also, aside from maybe 150 gallons 2 years ago, it has had non-ethanol fuel in it it’s entire life. I take it 20 miles on water across the Chesapeake bay to fill up the 250 gallon tanks with non-ethonal gas in Cape Charles, VA.

I have a list of people that want to buy it. I live on the water and often have people pull up to my dock when I’m cleaning her to ask if I would be willing to sell it. There is a cult following for this boat.

I’m looking for a 305 or 330 (don’t think my boat lift can handle a 330). As my grandpa always told me, everything is for sale at the right price.

How much do you want for your 265

Joshcoe

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Depends if I find the bigger replacement, which is either a GW 305 express or Pursuit 335. So, not really for sale - unless an offer is made that I can’t refuse.

Gullchaser

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Thank you for the information everyone. I am in the process of closing on a 265 that I located in Virginia. I look forward to being able to contribute to this site as I have learned so much from reading all of your posts. I especially have learned a lot from Skunkboat, as I currently have a Wellcraft V21 and learned a lot from Skunkboats contributions on that site as well. Thanks again all.
Mike

eppem

Reaction score
I have a 265 which may be on the market within the next year, maybe! May I ask what you paid for the 2005? Thanks and good luck, its a great boat!

Sibs

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I just sold my 2001 with 400 hrs for 45k buyer picked up sunday

Reactions: Capnjim7

DanN

Reaction score
I have a 265 which may be on the market within the next year, maybe! May I ask what you paid for the 2005? Thanks and good luck, its a great boat!
Eppem, are you still considering selling your 265? Can you text me details?
-Dan

Last edited:

J Mac

Reaction score
Eppem - if you are interested in selling, please post it, I am in RI and can easily come see it. Thanks - Jim

eppem

Reaction score
I’ll get a post up in the near future. Dan has looked at it if anyone wants his opinion in the meantime. He is first in line once I make a decision. Absolutely love this boat but just need something bigger in the 30 foot range. I can be reached at 203 220 9192.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Eppe's boat is a perfect example of a clean well maintained 265. It will sell fast. GLWS.

Reactions: eppem

SeaVee

Reaction score
One just popped up on THT, looks clean

Mglynn9206

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I have a 2000 265 express if anyone is interested.