WTB GULFSTREAM

Gonso

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
WTB Gulfstream 2007 or newer with twin 4 strokes. Anyone have any leads?

Blake

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
where are you located. I have a 2007 232, twin 150s on a trailer located in Seattle.

Gonso

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Located in Monterey CA. I can drive up to Seattle . What price are you asking for it. Can you send some Pics ?

Blake

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I'm asking $87.5 with trailer clear Washington titles for both. It has 520hrs on motors, second owner, Garmin electronics, (no radar), boat and gelcoat are in excellent shape. Trailer has new bearings, tires and brakes. includes full canvas, windlass, and custom cover. Engines serviced in November. Full tank of non-ethanol gas, boat is ready to go. Included are some pics. Boat is in storage in my garage.

Attachments

• grady 232_IMG_1663.jpg
    grady 232_IMG_1663.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 55
  • grady 232_IMG_1665.jpg
    grady 232_IMG_1665.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 50
  • thumbnail_IMG_1690.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1690.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 54
  • thumbnail_IMG_1691.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1691.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 53

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
How far are you willing to travel, what's your budget and so forth? There were quite a few 232 Gulfstream's for sale over the last month or so but it looks like most have been sold. The only one close to your requirements on Boat Trader is a 2006 on the east coast but it only has a single main motor. I've personally bought all of my boats on the east coast because of the price, the last boat is my current one which is a 2004 Grady White 228 Seafarer. I bought it for $26.5k which included the boat, motor and trailer, of which I then rented a U-Haul truck and trailered her back from Maryland to Seattle last October, at 3,009 miles. The week that I got back I was perusing the local Craigslist boat section and an identical boat to mine sold for $55k. If you don't buy the boat from Blake, then I'd seriously consider looking everyday online and for boats back east as they tend to be considerably less money, even with shipping or trailering it back yourself. This is the company that I bought my boat from, their pricing was extremely reasonable. If you don't buy the boat from Blake, maybe give them a call and see if they know of any used 232's for sale? The biggest issue with Grady White's in my opinion, is that they're built on the east coast and only have two dealers I believe out here on the west coast. Because of that, there aren't a ton of them out here and because they're such a great boat, not many of them pop up used and for sale. And when they do, they tend to bring a premium with regards to pricing. There's a ton more to choose from back east, and that's why you generally find considerably lower prices on them back there.

Last edited:

Queets30#

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I know you said 2007 or newer but any interest in a 2005 with twin 2022 150 with 5 hours or less . Brand new canvas top, garmin 1042xsv ,vhf , garmin phantom radar on sea view stainless mount all on 2021 rocket I beam aluminum trailer with kodiak brakes.??? Located in Portland Or area.

Last edited:

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
There are two on Boat Trader back on the east coast but neither are a 2007 and newer. Both have twin motor setups, neither are my boat, just passing along. Also, any reason why specifically a 2007 and newer? I like the look of the rear fold down seat much better than the previous models that had the rear cut out seat but it looks like they changed over to the fold down seat design in the 2006 model year.

Last edited:

Gonso

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
There are two on Boat Trader back on the east coast but neither are a 2007 and newer. Both have twin motor setups, neither are my boat, just passing along. Also, any reason why specifically a 2007 and newer? I like the look of the rear fold down seat much better than the previous models that had the rear cut out seat but it looks like they changed over to the fold down seat design in the 2006 model year.

I know you said 2007 or newer but any interest in a 2005 with twin 2022 150 with 5 hours or less . Brand new canvas top, garmin 1042xsv ,vhf , garmin phantom radar on sea view stainless mount all on 2021 rocket I beam aluminum trailer with kodiak brakes.??? Located in Portland Or area.
I'm willing to consider it.Where is it listed?

Gonso

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Gee guys. Thanks for all your help.I do already know most of what you said. I search Boat Trader everyday as well as Craigslist and several other online sites. And yes Gradys are much cheaper on the East Coast and I would be willing to buy one there and ship it if its already on a trailer.I might even drive out there and drive it back myself. Since the Pandemic prices have increased dramatically and its now definitely a sellers market but there are very few newer Gradys for sale. I think the supply chain problems have limited Grady production. If you have to wait a year for a new one you aren't going to sell your old one. I'm thinking all that is going to change this spring because of the price of gasoline. Lots of boats for sale because no one can afford to operate them anymore. We shall see. I've talked to Gulfstream owners and they say they love the " coffin" size fish box at the back of the boat. That design change happened in 2006. It's not a big deal but would be nice to have.When I started searching before the pandemic I found Gulfstreams with twin 4 strokes for $60-70k . I m hoping that the price drops in the spring because of the price of gas. I currently own a Grady Seafarer so I'm quite familiar with the Gradys performance. I love the way my boat handles but would like the reliability of twin engines as well as a sink.a head and the bunk beds.So I'm not desperate to find a boat. If I don't find the right Gulfstream at a reasonable price, I guess I'll just keep shopping and fish the Seafarer again this year. Hoping salmon season opens on time this year in the beginning of April.Once again thanks for all you help.

Reactions: Pighunter

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
No worries, we're great at helping other people spend their own money haha. With regards to the design change, yes I definitely like the larger sized fish box at the rear of the boat as well as the fold down seat as opposed to the earlier models. It's funny though how a boat that's only "1' longer" than a 228 Seafarer can sell for so much more, especially when it only has a single main motor on it. Twin main motors I could definitely see why they would sell for a bit more money, but I bought my 2004 GW 228 Seafarer back in Maryland last October for $26.5k. Most of the 232 Gulfstream's in that vintage or newer seem to be in the $40k - 50k range at the absolute minimum. You can find them for less money on the east coast but they generally are older, only have a single main motor and usually have a good deal of hours on the motor... and sometimes they don't come with a trailer. I'd look mostly back east if you're trying to find the best deal on a boat, then pay to have a surveyor look over it for you and then either have it shipped out here or do the drive back yourself. I think that'll be the way to save you the most amount of money in the long run. You should also have a sink in your Seafarer, depending on what year it is, although the sink pretty tiny.

Reactions: Pighunter

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Here's a 2005 for anyone that might be interested. Not my boat, just passing her along...

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have to assume that this is possibly a scam since it's listed for a fantastic price, and it is less than what I paid for my 2004 GW 228 Seafarer last October out on the east coast as well. But in the event that it is real, I'd be all over this one as it's a steal of a deal at that price, although it says it does not come with a trailer. Still a very, very good deal imo.

Gonso

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have to assume that this is possibly a scam since it's listed for a fantastic price, and it is less than what I paid for my 2004 GW 228 Seafarer last October out on the east coast as well. But in the event that it is real, I'd be all over this one as it's a steal of a deal at that price, although it says it does not come with a trailer. Still a very, very good deal imo.

Yes would be a very good deal but probably a scam. I tried to contact to go look at it but no reply.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Yes would be a very good deal but probably a scam. I tried to contact to go look at it but no reply.
Yeah I checked on the Craigslist posting again last night, which it had been flagged and removed. Figured it probably was but at least they had the "FL" numbers on the side of the boat and 8 pictures to make it seem more legitimate. Sneaky, sneaky

jbloom

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I'm asking $87.5 with trailer clear Washington titles for both. It has 520hrs on motors, second owner, Garmin electronics, (no radar), boat and gelcoat are in excellent shape. Trailer has new bearings, tires and brakes. includes full canvas, windlass, and custom cover. Engines serviced in November. Full tank of non-ethanol gas, boat is ready to go. Included are some pics. Boat is in storage in my garage.
This is a really nice looking boat

Gonso

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Still for sale?