WTB/ISO Sportsman 180

seansylva

Reaction score
HI All. I'm new to group and looking for my first boat. I've been looking for a while and even checked out a few boats- some were not for me and one I lost out to an earlier bird.

I'm looking for a Sportsman 180 1998 or newer. Thank you

Sully64

Reaction score
Model
Spirit
I sold my Sportsman 180 so I could get smaller boat to fit in my garage. Looked at 17 ft Whalers but not a good fit for me. I use the Georgia lakes and the Gulf! Perfect for a 175! The 180 Sportsman is a great boat that you will love! Sorry I sold my 180. By the way anybody, I am looking for a Spirit. This is my first post and I couldn't post my search and had to answer yours to get on.

Reaction score
HI All. I'm new to group and looking for my first boat. I've been looking for a while and even checked out a few boats- some were not for me and one I lost out to an earlier bird.

I'm looking for a Sportsman 180 1998 or newer. Thank you
Did you ever find what you are looking for? I'm looking at a ;98 Sportsman 180 right now.

seansylva

Reaction score
Hi Southshore Fisherman.

Yes, I found a 2003 Sportsman 180 last fall. It needs a little maintenance but overall ok. Survey found no glaring problems other that the transom is a little wet, which is the case for all gradys. I'll be looking to have that addressed but haven't had luck finding anyone to do it over this past winter

seansylva

Reaction score
They are both nice. I decided against a dual console because a friend mentioned that with a dual console, it sort of forces everyone to sit rather than stand and the the helm does the same.