WTB oil pumps for 2 stroke yamaha 225 1999

highlander

Reaction score
Looking to buy 2 Yamaha 1999 2 stroke 225 secondary oil pumps

seasick

Reaction score
What is a secondary oil pump?
I think there are two pumps, one mechanical on the motor itself and one electric on the remote oil tank. This assumes motors are SX models

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Good question. Highlander, please clarify.

But... go to SIM Yamaha's website - they're actually a real Yamaha dealership and are available for questions. Good prices, too.

You may be able to find an aftermarket pump by a company like Sierra.

highlander

Reaction score
What is a secondary oil pump?
I think there are two pumps, one mechanical on the motor itself and one electric on the remote oil tank. This assumes motors are SX models
These are the 12 volt pumps on the remote tanks.

SeaVee

Reaction score
I am repowering and I have to remove my remote tanks. I replaced both pumps about 2 years ago. Bought them new from SIM Yamaha. It’s gonna be a week or two until I get my hands and them, where are you located?

seasick

Reaction score
Before you replace the pumps, are you sure they or it is bad? There are diagnostic steps to determine whether they are working correctly. Most common issue on the oiling system is clogging of the inline filter on the back of the remote tank. The tanks also can collect oil sludge. If you are sure the pump is bad that good but if you are not, you need to troubleshoot efore replacing the quite expensive part and then being disappointed.

highlander

Reaction score
I am repowering and I have to remove my remote tanks. I replaced both pumps about 2 years ago. Bought them new from SIM Yamaha. It’s gonna be a week or two until I get my hands and them, where are you located?
I am in lewes delaware....what are you asking for your 2 pumps?

highlander

Reaction score
Before you replace the pumps, are you sure they or it is bad? There are diagnostic steps to determine whether they are working correctly. Most common issue on the oiling system is clogging of the inline filter on the back of the remote tank. The tanks also can collect oil sludge. If you are sure the pump is bad that good but if you are not, you need to troubleshoot efore replacing the quite expensive part and then being disappointed.
Thanks I have removes and tested both pumps and they do not spin when 12 v applied.

SeaVee

Reaction score
Not sure yet, still de- rigging now