WTB rocket launcher bar for hardtop

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

Check this company on eBay. My buddy ordered they were custom made, very nice and cheap!!!
I looked at those. The cheap price caught my eye but they just use a piece of straight pipe for the rod holders instead of the tulip style. If figured that lack of style and quality would follow through-out, so I went with GW.

Reactions: Jzeno186

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Halfhitch,,,, how many launchers did you go with? Definitely post up when you get it.
I went with the 6 rod model. They space the launchers 9.5 in apart so the outside holders will be 47.5 in C to C. Puts the outside ones just about over the spreader lights.
They are supposed to be here next Monday.

Reactions: Ky Grady

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I looked at those. The cheap price caught my eye but they just use a piece of straight pipe for the rod holders instead of the tulip style. If figured that lack of style and quality would follow through-out, so I went with GW.
That is exactly how my OEM GW rocket launcher is built.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
GW Performance welding (609) 569-9911. I got mine custom made from them on ebay. it was well priced super fast shipping and it looked like a factory rocket launcher!
Well, I followed Jzenos' advice and with some goading by B-Shell, I sprung for the GW Performance Welding rocket launchers. I finished mounting them this morning. I have done some fabricating years ago and it is beyond me how they can weld all those pieces together without getting any scratches or spatter anywhere. My hat is off to those guys. Here's some pictures.

hJ1a25th.jpg

exOF355h.jpg

LYu36GWh.jpg

e6L3lP4h.jpg

95nNZZxh.jpg

8V24m9Qh.jpg

igXdvFyh.jpg

dIEgGHjh.jpg

Last edited:

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Well, I followed Jzenos' advice and with some goading by B-Shell, I sprung for the GW Performance Welding rocket launchers. I finished mounting them this morning. I have done some fabricating years ago and it is beyond me how they can weld all those pieces together without getting any scratches or spatter anywhere. My hat is off to those guys. Here's some pictures.

hJ1a25th.jpg

exOF355h.jpg

LYu36GWh.jpg

e6L3lP4h.jpg

95nNZZxh.jpg

8V24m9Qh.jpg

igXdvFyh.jpg

dIEgGHjh.jpg
Glad it worked out looks better than factory.

Reactions: glacierbaze

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
My biggest concern would be the overall height from the floor to the bottom of the rocket launcher tubes and smacking your head on it if you’re taller… any idea what height you‘ve got there?

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Looks great! I don't think that they make those purty beads with a stick welder. What did you find for coring in your top?

There is a thin wood core back toward the trailing edge of the hardtop where the launchers are mounted.

My biggest concern would be the overall height from the floor to the bottom of the rocket launcher tubes and smacking your head on it if you’re taller… any idea what height you‘ve got there?
I measured it. It is zactly 6'4" from the sole to the bottom of the launchers.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Dang,,,, I'm feeling so inadequate right now! ☹️

Makes my factory launcher look sad.

Nice addition Halfhitch!!

20180723_174316.jpgScreenshot_20220911-114520_Chrome.jpg

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
There is a thin wood core back toward the trailing edge of the hardtop where the launchers are mounted.

I measured it. It is zactly 6'4" from the sole to the bottom of the launchers.
Thanks for the measurement. Unfortunately that isn’t something I would do for me personally as my uncle and another buddy of my that fish with me fairly regularly are both 6’4”-6’5” tall. Looks great but I’d be worried about one or both of them smacking their head on the back of it.

Reactions: Ky Grady

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thanks for the measurement. Unfortunately that isn’t something I would do for me personally as my uncle and another buddy of my that fish with me fairly regularly are both 6’4”-6’5” tall. Looks great but I’d be worried about one or both of them smacking their head on the back of it.
They will only do it once,,,, then know to duck afterwards. ;)

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Just for reference fellas, the rocket launchers have 6ft 4in clearance. The factory hardtop tubing just ahead of the launchers has 6ft 3 and 5/8in clearance.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
You have plenty of clearance, tall guys are used to looking and ducking. The scary thought to me, with the full width rocket launchers, and I have one, is that someone looking down, and using the step up to the walkaround, or to exit the boat, might drive the bottom of a rod holder into the top of their skull. That's why I think something like a tennis ball cut to fit snugly over the bottom is not a bad idea, and I use them.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Exactly... and the tubing is nowhere near as sharp as the bottom of the rocket launcher tubes. Essentially 6'3.5" tall to the bottom of the supports for the hardtop seems a bit short to me