yahama lube

rclark6550

Reaction score
I just bought a 1998 marlin with twin ox66 250 saltwater yahamas. i am told to use only yahama lube, but when i was researching the plice it seems there is more than one type of yahama lube. does any one have a sujestion as to which one to use and the cheapest place i can buy it or place an order on line. i'm in tidewater virginia.
thanks
dick

tilewave

Reaction score
hello, you need to use yamaha yamalube 2cycle oil . i purchase a 55 gal drum, around $1000.00 +/- the savings is significant if you do the math. it takes up about as much room as a garbage can in your garage, & the convenience is awesome ( i always used to scramble to find some yamalube the nite before a trip) .....good luck with your new boat!

seasick

Reaction score
I usually run through only a few gallons a season so buying a 55 gal drum is not for me. I use Yamalube or the good oil I sometimes find at Wallmart (yellow container, about $25 ) Don't use the 12 buck stuff.
I thin it is Penzoil . it works fine.
Although all of these oils are TWC3, I look for one that specificallt mentions that it is intended for oil injected motors like my OX66

Buying online is only attractive if shipping is free or low cost

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Walmart has the Pennzoil XLF Synthetic Blend on "rollback" right now....it's $14/gallon.

Salinity Now

Reaction score
Ditto on the Pennzoil XLF, I dont have a ton of hours on my 250's, but I use the XLF too, works good for me and if you show the price of the Walmart Oil at Bass Pro, they'll match it (usaully they have more 1gal jugs than walmart) Im constantly stocking up, I usually have 6 or so gal extra at any time.

If I see it cheap, I buy it.

I think Yamalube is alittle overated, its oil??!! RingFree, yeah thats good stuff, but the oil seems TWC approved is just as good as any IMO.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Not all Walmart's carry it by the gallon.

Ditto on BassPro and the price match...I took a pic of the display and the price with my camera phone and showed it to the manager at BassPro and he matched the price.