yamaha 250 ox66 vs evinrude 300 etec

Danistro

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Are you only wanting a single main motor or potentially interested in twin motors? If you are interested in twin motors, here's a 2002 GW 248 Voyager for $31k with twin Yamaha 150 HPDI's and it even comes with a trailer.

Hey , I did see that one. But just the thought of the fuel cost and the price tag of having to fix a 4 stroke scares me . First boat btw . So I want to play it safe if that makes sense .

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hey , I did see that one. But just the thought of the fuel cost and the price tag of having to fix a 4 stroke scares me . First boat btw . So I want to play it safe if that makes sense .
HPDI's are 2 strokes, not 4 strokes

Reactions: Danistro

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
I wouldn't consider 1.8 mpg thirsty for an outboard pushing an Islander 28 mph. I don't believe a single F250 would do much better.
i get 2.1mpg in my chase at 33 mph with 2 F250s. so to me, one motor consuming more fuel than both of mine to go slower seems thirsty. (i get your boat is a bit heavier)

im not trying to trash on the motor, i know those are pretty solid, strong engines; it just seems like a lot of fuel going through one motor

Reactions: Danistro