Yamaha 300 fogging technique

Old Whitehead

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I am trying to find the right way to fog my engines for the winter. I have purchased Yamaha fogging oil(32oz)which mixes with 2 gallons of fuel. My question is where do I disconnect fuel lines to feed fogging fuel? Any good tricks? I am new to theseengines and am trying to educate myself on their maintence. Any help is appreciated! I have two 2010 300 Yamahas on a 2007 305 Express.

seasick

Reaction score
This video may help

In your case you will need a portable tank with a length of 3/8 in fuel line and connect it to the tank side of the primer bulb

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
And... I would look into quick disconnect fittings for your fuel line to make this even simpler. Attwood sprayless connectors are nice. Put a set on the boat side of the bulb (no need to buy a hose with bulb for the portable tank) as Seasick mentioned. Then, put the matching connector on the portable tank to mate with the bulb.

I do sterndrives by mixing the proper ratio right in the fuel/water separator and running the engine for exactly 5 minutes at about 1,200 RPM. However, the F/W sep is typically closer to the engine - I'm not sure how much the extra length in the OB would affect it.

Old Whitehead

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
And... I would look into quick disconnect fittings for your fuel line to make this even simpler. Attwood sprayless connectors are nice. Put a set on the boat side of the bulb (no need to buy a hose with bulb for the portable tank) as Seasick mentioned. Then, put the matching connector on the portable tank to mate with the bulb.

I do sterndrives by mixing the proper ratio right in the fuel/water separator and running the engine for exactly 5 minutes at about 1,200 RPM. However, the F/W sep is typically closer to the engine - I'm not sure how much the extra length in the OB would affect it.
Good info about connectors!

eppem

Reaction score
I learned from a yammy mechanic. Drain the vst and run the side can fuel directly into the fuel input side of the primary (on engine) filter. You may need to clip off a zip tie and need a small hose clamp to keep the fuel line attached. When done re zip tie the input line. Ez pz

Old Whitehead

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Ok. This sounds good. The technique is to input the fogging solution directly to the inbound barb of the on engine gas filter. Sounds better than disconnecting gas suction lines in bilge. One question, though, what is the “vst?”

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Yup, you add the cocktail mixture pretty much anywhere. Do it wherever it's most convenient for you. The sprayless connectors can be used anywhere, too.

Vapor Separator Tank. It's where the hi pressure tank lives - the thing you should drain once in a while as sometimes sedimiment can collect there... and clean the hi-pressure filter, as well. It's the big silver thing on the port side of the engine. Once you know what you're doing (google/search this forum for more info), it's a quick and easy job to remove/disassemble/clean/replace.

Reactions: eppem

Old Whitehead

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Yup, you add the cocktail mixture pretty much anywhere. Do it wherever it's most convenient for you. The sprayless connectors can be used anywhere, too.

Vapor Separator Tank. It's where the hi pressure tank lives - the thing you should drain once in a while as sometimes sedimiment can collect there... and clean the hi-pressure filter, as well. It's the big silver thing on the port side of the engine. Once you know what you're doing (google/search this forum for more info), it's a quick and easy job to remove/disassemble/clean/replace.
Thanks. Alot still to learn on maintaining these beasts. Appreciate your time and guidance!

Reactions: eppem