Yamaha 350 outboard

wadeatl

Reaction score
The F350's have bigger issues than the fly wheels. The biggest issues I had was being in GA freshwater in January and the water freezing in the powerhead and poof. I would advise anyone to find an alternative to Yamaha 350s'.

Idocdes

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a 2015 GW Freedom with twin Yamaha 350s.
I understand the flywheel issue and am wondering if it is a problem with all generations of these engines. If it has never been corrected why did Grady continue to rig boats this way?

seasick

Reaction score
If the motors are 350C's then maybe. Personally, I wouldn't consider any model of 350s.

Reactions: Idocdes

mr_mbuna

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a 2015 GW Freedom with twin Yamaha 350s.
I understand the flywheel issue and am wondering if it is a problem with all generations of these engines. If it has never been corrected why did Grady continue to rig boats this way?

The F350 is a very solid engine if you adhere to the flywheel replacement program. So they kept making it and rigging it. Its torque filled a market niche. The 425 is the new solution for that niche but it weights 190 lbs more.

All generations of F350 require flywheel replacement and all get them for free from Yamaha for life.

Reactions: Idocdes

Blackbird

Reaction score
I have twin 2017 Yamaha 350's and they have performed very well for me. The flywheels have been replaced but it was no big deal. Done in a day at no cost to me. Like every popular engine or boat ever produced, there will be negative comments from people that either had (or heard of) other issues. As long as your engines have been properly maintained, you should be just fine.

GradyGuy3420

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I'm in almost the same "boat" LOL....considering a 2008 330 Express with the 350's. Port powerhead was replaced after a cylinder head leaked seawater into the block. Also sketchy history on the flywheel replacements. Looking at some other 33's that have 250 HP Yamahas.....does anyone have an opinion if that may be a little underpowered?

Not to hi-jack the thread, but we have a 330 express w/F225s and almost got talked out of it for this reason. Boy, I’m glad we didn’t listen. Feel free to PM me if you have further questions. Lots of threads on here about this topic, too.