Yamaha Command Link Plus

MarineBob

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I hope I can be concise...let's see. At the end of the season here on Cape Cod, one morning as we headed out I noticed the lower left indicator on my Command screen was not responding. My first thought was I thought it was the oil pressure. Not low, just the gauge with no pressure read out at all. Motor was purring nicely so went out with no issue. When we came back, I looked more closely at the 'digital gauge and noticed it was not the oil pressure but water pressure. The flow from the cooling, and temp were fine so I figured the sensor was kaput. But then I had to scratch my head a bit. The mechanic at the marina said my F250 did not have the water pressure sensor installed as an option on my motor so it had never worked. I may be crazy but I swear that indicator had worked for the 2 years I had the boat. So, here's my question. Is there a set up choice that you can select oil pressure on that digital gauge ? I am thinking when the marina guys refueled the boat, they messed with the read outs.....which they seem to do, I guess to get the fuel level read out they like. I can't believe I thought that indicator worked outputting something but obviously could never have been the water pressure. Maybe, as my wife says, I am just crazy? I can't seem to find an answer in literature. Probably looking in the wrong place

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Don’t have the command link plus gauges but seem to remember they are configurable. I can configure my Garmin MFDs to read various parameters but the F250s do not come standard with a water pressure sensor. It is about $125 add on option that you can put into the command link system. My guess is that one of two things happened. 1) either you missed it, or 2) the gauge configuration was changed accidentally. Recommend you find the manual to configure the gauges and make it look like you want it to. I know that the more recent Garmin MFD’s are configurable to look exactly like your command link plus gauge.

Last edited:

MarineBob

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have changed the generic forms of readouts but I haven't been able to find if the oil pressure can swap for the water pressure. I guess playing with it will wiat 'til spring. Wrapped up and put to bed now

Aquanut2

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Are you talking about the new CL5 display? I have one hooked to a MEC F150 via NEMA 2k cable to yami white 4 pin plug at the front. It's not CLP but was able add both a water pressure and Speed sensor to the motor and get it to display. To change one of the read outs just press and hold on one you want to change and it will come up with the options.

MarineBob

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I think I got different, older (2013) display. Its got lots of options but to me the set up is not intuitive and not a touch screen, but arrows and select buttons