Yamaha Engine Cowling Paint

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Last fall, someone scraped up my engine cowling on my F200 pretty good with their anchor while trying to get into a slip. He gave me his name and phone number and when I called him, the number was not a working number. Great.....he was a transient and not a local person. So, I decided to do the paint job myself. I ordered the aerosol paint repair kit from Color Rite. It is Yamaha 004D blueish gray metallic. They give you everything you need to do the job. I completed the painting yesterday and it looks really good, the color matched almost perfectly. I will wait about a week for it to harden before buffing out the clear coat. I also could not get anything but a lot of static on my Poly Planar stereo. I pulled the back cover and found there was no antenna. I bought a $10 antenna off eBay and it made a world of difference. It's just a long wire that you run anywhere you want. Just thought I would share in case some are having similar issues.

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Can you tell me what year your F200 is? I wonder if the same kit will work for 2004 F225?

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
2004 and yes, the kit will work on your F225. Make sure you get the metallic. The non metallic is for the lower unit.