Yamaha F225 Anode

Bloodweiser

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I ordered a new set of anodes for my F225. I notice the skeg or fin is no longer present on the motor anode. PartsVu says pn# has been replaced to this newer one ( no Skeg). Does this mean the Skeg adjustment was never important or what? looks like no adjustments is needed for the "newer" design just bolt on? . Is this true? has any one else used this type of anode?

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Do you have twins or single? Hydraulic steering or cable? My understanding is the fin is really for single outboard with cable steering to offset any steering issues from the propeller thrust. A few places still sell them but you have to confirm with them before you purchase that they're not giving you the replacement part with no fin. If you're not able to locate them try the replacement parts and see if you have any issues with steering or pulling to one side.

seasick

Reaction score
Wrong anode.. You should have the fin.
Without the fin, it will take a lot more effort to turn in one direction. Weather or not that effort is obvious with your hydraulic steering is a question but regardless, your steering system will be under more stress when turning in that direction direction ( for normal rotating props, turning to starboard will be harder.

L

Longstreet

Wrong anode.. You should have the fin.
Without the fin, it will take a lot more effort to turn in one direction. Weather or not that effort is obvious with your hydraulic steering is a question but regardless, your steering system will be under more stress when turning in that direction direction ( for normal rotating props, turning to starboard will be harder.
this is what I thought as well.

Bloodweiser

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have not installed the anode without the skeg. I will contact PartsVu and see what they say.

thanks for verifying

seasick

Reaction score
I am a bit confused. What is the relationship between Bloodweiser and Longstreet? Bloodweiser asked the original question but Longstreet provided the answer about single motor and steering.
My response to the original post assumes the boat has one motor:)

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I am a bit confused. What is the relationship between Bloodweiser and Longstreet? Bloodweiser asked the original question but Longstreet provided the answer about single motor and steering.
My response to the original post assumes the boat has one motor:)

Same person, same IP address.

seasick

Reaction score
I wonder if they ever disagree with each other:)

Bloodweiser

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Yea I know dumb. I need to delete that other account but for some reason it keeps longing that one in. Sorry about that.

Bloodweiser

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I made a quick account initially not knowing if I was going to stick around or not. Once I discovered that the members here are actually helpful and respectful of others regardless of their boating or GW experience I decided to stay.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I made a quick account initially not knowing if I was going to stick around or not. Once I discovered that the members here are actually helpful and respectful of others regardless of their boating or GW experience I decided to stay.

Can't believe you would think we would be anything like THT. o_O

I've been a member here since '06 but didn't Get The Grady till '17. We have a lot of members, but only a handful of us participate in conversations.

Working on deleting Longstreet so you'll just be Bloodwieser here on out.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
It's alright. Most of us have been there one time or another. Back when Wiley had it, it was pretty good. After he got out, it went downhill fast. I hardly ever go there anymore, to much drama.

seasick

Reaction score
I used to post regularly on that other site but stopped a few years ago mainly because this site is better suited for my boating questions and in general has a lot more accuracy in answers. I do search that site on occasion and sometimes it is the only place to find info especially on older issues and products and non Grady or Yamaha specific questions. . There are some helpful posts but like most internet things, you can't assume everything posted is accurate.
Looking back, there were a few posts that I still laugh about and a few that make me wonder if the poster is still in one piece:)

Fishtales

Reaction score
You want a zinc anode with the fin on it. Order from Boat Zincs. They will hook you up and it will be a good price.

Bloodweiser

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
thanks Fishtales . I will check with them.
Just ordered it from boatzinc

Last edited: