Yamaha F350 Flushing

Blackbird

Reaction score
While fresh water flushing my 2017 Yamaha F350's, I recently noticed that the water flow out of the pee hole on the port engine is only about half the flow of the starboard engine and it takes considerably longer to establish flow. In the past they were basically equal. I use the same hose so the pressure/volume is the same. Water discharge from the lower units is also about the same. While running, the pee hole flow on both engines is the same and I have never had any overheating issues. Both engines have about 400 hours. Any one else ever seen this issue? If yes, what was the cause and remedy.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
While fresh water flushing my 2017 Yamaha F350's, I recently noticed that the water flow out of the pee hole on the port engine is only about half the flow of the starboard engine and it takes considerably longer to establish flow. In the past they were basically equal. I use the same hose so the pressure/volume is the same. Water discharge from the lower units is also about the same. While running, the pee hole flow on both engines is the same and I have never had any overheating issues. Both engines have about 400 hours. Any one else ever seen this issue? If yes, what was the cause and remedy.

I have exactly the same issue; even down to the port engine stream being weaker. Everything Blackbird wrote is happening to me. Mine are 2018's.

Unfortunately, I have no answer...

Ozz043

Reaction score
Try Flushing one engine at a time and see if there is a change ...
Mine are similar ( although old engines) but if flushed one at a time they’re fine...go figure

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Try Flushing one engine at a time and see if there is a change ...
Mine are similar ( although old engines) but if flushed one at a time they’re fine...go figure

I have to flush one at a time; I don't have enough water pressure to do otherwise. If I hooked up another hose on the same dock and hooked it to the stbd engine, neither engine would pee as the 2nd hose would bring down the overall pressure. I would assume Blackbird flushes one at a time also since we have an identical situation.

Ozz043

Reaction score
One thing you can try is disconnecting the hose and see if there is a blockage somewhere