YAMAHA F350s

Shamsul Hasan

Reaction score
I need some help. My boat GW 300 2008 with F350s,will be shipped from USA next week. These engines are not available in Pakistan. In any case i maintain my engines myself.I have a GW 282 HPDI 200s 2001,the engines are self maintained with no overhaul yet.I get all my parts from USA. Can someone help me with a list of minimum service parts i will need for these engines. I have ordered the following:
Oil filters.
Fuel filters (under cowling)
Impellers
Spark Plugs
F350 Gear oil.
Gear oil gasket.

I am sure I would be missing some stuff.I will be greatly thankful for any addition to my wish list.
ThankYou
Shamsul Hasan
GW 300 F350s
Gw 282 HPDI 200s

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congrats on the new boat,Shamsul..Dont forget Thermostats and zinc anodes

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
CONGRATS on the new Grady.

You list impellers. Are you getting any of the complete pump rebuild kits as well? The side housing and bottom plate on the pumps I have seen usually need replacement if gritty or sandy water has found its way into the system. Not necessarily every time you replace an impeller, but not good to drop the lower unit to replace an impeller and find you need the whole kit.

Brian

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Congrats on the boat Shamsul. I know Yammaha reccomends using a marine grade 4 stroke oil, not just some 10w-40 for the car. Is this type of oil readily available to you as well? I gotta say, seeing the distances you are going to buy a Grady is really something. It is something I think we in the states may take for granted. I know we have a few mates from down under here with Grady's too which if I am not mistaken were bought in the states and borught over as well.

Shamsul Hasan

Reaction score
Thanks all!!! I have added zinc anodes and one complete impeller kit to my list. I am planning to use motor oil for my engines,we do not get yamalube here. I have had American boats for the last 20 years started with a Slickcraft then Rabalo,Luhrs,wahoo and in 2003 got my first Grady 282 2001 from USA. Yes you guys take it for granted,the quality of boats Grady makes is really out of the world.Its ride,craftsmanship and cosmetics are par excellence+++++++:)

Regards
Shams
Shamsul Hasan
GW300 F350s
GW282 HPDI200s

Tashmoo

Reaction score
Shamsul,

Make sure that the Yamaha Factory recall on the F350's have been done. It involves replacement of the flywheel and the cowling that covers it.

The problem was (I may not have this 100% correct but close enough) the very early F350 engines (2008) had a cooling problem where the flywheel would overheat resulting in the flywheel counterbalance weights coming off. The end result was a broken crank shaft.

The fix was simple and totally at Yamaha's expense.

Also make sure you order the oil filter tray part number 90980-06845. You can change your oil filter without it but it makes a mess. You will also need a 72.5 mm (2.9”) oil filter wrench. I found that this was not available at the corner auto parts store.

I do my own work on my engine as well and ordered the Yamaha manual. It cost about $100 but is well worth having. This engine is not your old 200HPDI, you will learn this the first time you go to change your spark plugs.