Yamaha Fuel Management Gauge

sickday

Reaction score
The digital display on my Fuel mngmnt gauge went out on me this weekend. I didnt expect it to last too long, (it looked like it suffered some previous damage when I took possession of the boat last year) As far as I can tell, its just the digital display. Its trying to display a reading but its not even close to being ledgible. (Almost like a old beat up calculator) At first look, the gauges range in price from 275.00 to 1,500 new. Seems like a crazy range. Anyone out there have any experience with this issue?
Any tips for taking it out and installing a new one would be greatly appreciated.

The guage is for twin Yamaha 250 OX66's

sickday

Reaction score

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
watch out for used fuel gauges!!

most are burnt out!!!

i can beat andys prices on gauge's!!

AM-TECH just joined forces with YAMAHA!!

we are workin with BR and SUZUKI next!!

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
That $260 is probably for the gauge only. You also need the harness and sending unit, which if I recall is close to $200.

That picture of wiring shown in the ad is for the wiring which connects the back of the guage to the engine harness.

Forrest_Gump

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Fuel Gauge

I just replaced my fuel management gauge. I have twin 2001 150 HP HPDI's and found the brand new gauge on ebay. I paid $193.00 plus around $10.00 shipping and the gauge fit perfectly and I believe will work with a single as well as twins. It depends on how many fuel senders are installed. Mine has 2, one for each fuel line to each engine. This is the gauge that gives port, starboard, or both gallons per hour, as well as total fuel used and fuel mileage in miles per gallon. This link is for a similar gauge if the link works. I waited and found one for less than the usual $260 most were asking. Good luck, it's nice having a working fuel management gauge again. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-O ... 33596da130

fg

sickday

Reaction score
Re: Fuel Gauge

Forrest_Gump said:
I just replaced my fuel management gauge. I have twin 2001 150 HP HPDI's and found the brand new gauge on ebay. I paid $193.00 plus around $10.00 shipping and the gauge fit perfectly and I believe will work with a single as well as twins. It depends on how many fuel senders are installed. Mine has 2, one for each fuel line to each engine. This is the gauge that gives port, starboard, or both gallons per hour, as well as total fuel used and fuel mileage in miles per gallon. This link is for a similar gauge if the link works. I waited and found one for less than the usual $260 most were asking. Good luck, it's nice having a working fuel management gauge again. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-O ... 33596da130

fg

Thanks!! And confirm that you did not replace the harness? Its just the display that needs fixn not the sytem. And thanks to all those who replied

Forrest_Gump

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Re: Fuel Gauge

[/quote]Thanks!! And confirm that you did not replace the harness? Its just the display that needs fixn not the sytem. And thanks to all those who replied[/quote]

Harness was fine, gauge was turning black from the bottom up and finally became unreadable due to a whack with something before I bought the boat. I was scared to buy the right gauge, but the one with sync, econ, and ttl across the bottom plugged right into the existing harness and the internal switches were set to the default settings which were the same as the gauge I removed. There is a green card that comes with the gauge and shows the way it is set up. It was an easy job to replace and works fine.

fg

sickday

Reaction score
Thats what I wanted to hear! Your sounds exactly the same as mine, black from the bottom up and eventually not readable. Thanks again

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Mine is starting to go as well. Black from the bottom up (2000 Sailfish 272). Guess I'll need to replace mine soon!!!! Thanks!