Yamaha fuel management help needed

GWL139

Reaction score
Website
www.jerseycapeyachtsales.com
Model
Gulfstream
Can anyone help me out with the Yamaha fuel management system? I upgraded the motor on my '00 232G with an '05 Yamaha F250 4-stroke. I had to buy a new tach to read the updated ECM, but the speedo is the same. Do I need to buy a separate gauge and harness for the fuel management feature, and are there any other parts needed to get the data from the motor, such as sensors or other components? Thanks in advance.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Take the cover off the motor and look at the front of it. If you see a plug with a cap on it, then your motor is NMEA 2000 compatible. If it is, you can get fuel economy data sent to your GPS Plotter if it's NMEA 2000 compatible. You will need the hub and a cable.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'd email SIM (Andy) at Shipyard Island Marina....he is the go-to for Yamaha parts and info. His website is www.simyamaha.com

The short answer is yes...you will need the NMEA 2000 starter kit for the Lowrance but essentially the starter kit includes the T-connections and a power harness. Wire up the power harness....plug one end into the back of the HDS and the other end goes to the cable from the motor.