Yamaha gauges

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I just had my 225 4 strokes serviced and I have a gauge problem. On the left gauge there is a reading for mph. On the right a reading for mpg. I am not getting a reading for either. other aspects ofbthebgauges work. i had the tank wires and fuel senders checked and cured a prior problem but I am still getting a hyphen I.e. no reading for mpg and mph. Is the problem in the engines like or in the gauges or something else. Thanks

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Try cleaning out the pitot tube holes on the forward facing part of the lower units of your engines. It is a small hole and the best thing to use is a small drill bit which you hold in your fingers and twirl it to remove dirt, gunk, sand, etc.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
If you have Command Link gauges you can also get your speed from GPS if so equipped and wired. GPS can be selected from the menus in the gauge itself. Pitot tube speed readings are inherently unreliable. Fuel flow comes from the engine and can be used to compute MPG if a speed input is working. You need a wire from the GPS to the speed gauge to get GPS input.

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Ah the pitot tubes. I forgot about them. Will check this weekend.
As for command link gauges, no such luck on having them. I have 2005 engines and they do not have gps interface. Thanks for the help.