Yamaha Helmaster

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
No. But I want one. Didn’t realize it had a spot lock function. Not needing an electric motor, batteries and cables would pay for about half. Gotta start saving my pennies for when I re-power.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Great set up if it works as they say it does. It's only about $20k for the system but you don't need hydraulic steering and auto pilot . My engine is still not old enough to re-power yet. I will consider if engines become readily available especially if Merc comes out with the same setup.

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Glad to see spot lock on a single engine. I’m really hoping the price comes down as the technology becomes more common.

We keep the autopilot engaged in “heading hold” mode while drifting but having throttle control is a whole different level. My system seems so archaic now :p

That would put a Yamaha 200 with Helmaster at approximately $30k USD?

Macrophylla

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
It's awesome! We did the full maneuverability option (joystick, autopilot, staypoint, driftpoint, etc) it took some playing around to understand the best way to position the boat before using one of the locking approaches but once you understand it it's great. Makes it easy to wait a few feet off the fuel dock for a space or hold position outside of a fairway while you/crew get lines and fenders ready. Driftpoint works great for fishing a drift, I have not yet tried staypoint for bottom fishing but hopefully will get a chance soon.

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
It's awesome! We did the full maneuverability option (joystick, autopilot, staypoint, driftpoint, etc) it took some playing around to understand the best way to position the boat before using one of the locking approaches but once you understand it it's great. Makes it easy to wait a few feet off the fuel dock for a space or hold position outside of a fairway while you/crew get lines and fenders ready. Driftpoint works great for fishing a drift, I have not yet tried staypoint for bottom fishing but hopefully will get a chance soon.

Do you know what the added cost was compared to a “base” engine with a regular throttle and hydraulic steering?

Macrophylla

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
Do you know what the added cost was compared to a “base” engine with a regular throttle and hydraulic steering?
$15k upgrade from digital engines to full helm master for dual F300s (sticker price of upgrade)