yamaha idle settings for 150 hp 4-stroke

engineersx2

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Can someone help me increase the idle setting of my twin yamaha 150's (4 strokes). I recently performed the 20 hr service for the motors (and thanks for all the comments on this site about crush washers,- comments were greatly appreciated - I recently installed a new crush washer).

My problem now is that both motors idle at about 600 rpm's. According to my Yamaha owners manual, the low idle speed of these motors should be between 700 and 750 rpm. The problem I am having is that at 600 rpm's the port motor cuts off about 30 % of the time when switching between forward and reverse. Both motors seem to be starved for fuel at 600 rpm, but at 700 they run much smother.

so , the question is, how hard is it to increase the idle speed of these motors? Is this something that I need to leave to the professionals, or is it something that an average joe with a screw driver can do?

any advise on this topic would be much appreciated.

Ric, from Suffolk VA

fishermanaddict

Reaction score
I also have the same problem on my 1999 150hp Yamaha 2 stroke salt water serier II. Richie could you please also send me a manual too. Thanks

fishermanaddict

Reaction score
I also have the same problem on my 1999 150hp Yamaha 2 stroke salt water serier II. Richie could you please also send me a manual too. Thanks