Yamaha OX66 225 Saltwater Series rigging hose 98 272 Sailfish original engines

Jitrag

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Need some help. During our ride home last night I noticed a clear liquid coming out of the starboard outboard rigging connection at the engine. I touched the liquid and it is not gas which is good as there was quite a bit of water dripping out. Any ideas how what I hope is water gets into the rigging hose? Port engine did not have this issue. I will return to the boat today to see if this fluid comes out while stationary. I noticed it while we were running about 25kts.

Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
Some riggings had a water line for the speedo or possibly a water pressure gauge. Can't say if yours is one of those. That's the onlt source of water I can think off that would run through the rigging tube.
I would pull the cowling and look for water in there. Water could in theory get in there from either end of the tube so you need to also check in the starboard locker for water. It is also possible that there is some sort of leak like a hole or a slit in the rigging tube and normal splash in the motor well is getting into the hose. Depending on the hoses position, that water could sit or drain.
Let us know what you find

Jitrag

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks and will do.