Yamaha Parts Online??

Capt Khaos

Reaction score
I just came from my Yamaha dealer after dropping my boat off for the 200 hour service on the F250. They said it'll be at least $850!! The 100 hour cost me $640! He said they have raised the hourly rate to $110!!! I was shocked to say the least. Spark plugs $7, zincs $40 each, water pump, thermastats, oil etc. all at dealer list. I let them do the oil & filters, grease and inspections listed in the owners manual but will do the rest myself. The zincs are easy to find at about $15 each but does anyone know the best online place to get genuine Yamaha parts? I've checked out several sites but don't see common maintenance parts like impellers or thermastats listed.

Thanks for your help,
Dan

Tuna Man

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yamaha dealer

Ok that is an easy one Shipyard Island Marine in Wisconsin. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Fast shipping, good prices, helpful when you have a technical question, etc. At first I was reluctant to do busness with a place about 1000 miles away located on a rather large freshwater lake, but that changed after the first transaction.

http://www.shipyardisland.com/

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Re: Yamaha dealer

Tuna Man said:
Ok that is an easy one Shipyard Island Marine in Wisconsin. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Fast shipping, good prices, helpful when you have a technical question, etc. At first I was reluctant to do busness with a place about 1000 miles away located on a rather large freshwater lake, but that changed after the first transaction.

http://www.shipyardisland.com/

Concur, 100%.

Andy or Lisa will take good care of your needs.

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Andy at Shipyard is great. He can talk you through your repair work issue and actually takes the time to make sure you understand.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I've used Andy too, like him a lot. They run a great operation there.

For low prices from an OEM exploded diagram, these folks are really good too, although I've never called them for technical help. I think because they're off the beaten path they offer better pricing for their online sales: http://www.desrec.com They're in Bullhead City AZ, across the Colorado River from Laughlin, NV. Nice bunch of folks there.

I clicked their link to check it though and it's down right now. Called 'em and they said their IT guy is working on it. Anyway, you could check it in a couple weeks. Or if you have a part number from another fische, you could call them for a price.

I hate paying retail. Some of the prices these dealers charge is ridiculous. Bike parts is the same way. And they're not just a little more, they're a LOT more, and charge too much for service too. When I was looking for a seal kit for my Seastar cylinder, the online price was about $100. I found three or four local dealers with them, a couple of them actually had them in stock, the rest would order, and prices were from $118 to $140. I got it shipped in three days, free freight and no tax, $99.

My water pump impellor replacement is coming due, I will be buying parts and doing it myself.

E-commerce is changing the face of retail, it's all over the news. Retailers need to get with it or die. Consumers are increasingly savvy and well informed.

Capt Khaos

Reaction score
Yamaha Four Stroke Maintenance

Thanks all! I just sent in the request form for a quote. How often do you think I need to change the plugs? The dealer did them at 10 hrs and again at 100. I kept the old ones and they look great. They did the thermostats at those hours too. It seems like a waste of money to me. Even the water pump at 200 hrs. seems excessive but that what the owners manual call for.
Thanks Again,
Dan

SlimJim

Reaction score
I use Andy at SIM as well. Andy and Lisa have their act together, good prices, great service and he has almost everything in stock. He will answer your questions as well. He has helped me out a ton of times over the past few years. He's honest as well. I can give you a list of things he has done for me without me even buying anything from him. I had a few problems and he took the time to make a few phone calls for me and also helped me walk thur a few things over the phone and on -line as well. He knows his business and knows Yamahas. I bought an item from him and 3 months later he took it back and replaced it with another item. I trust him. I am over 2000 miles away.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Capt Khaos: I also used to change the plugs every 100 hours. Became obvious that I was waisting $. Now I clean, check colors and gap them every 100 hours and change every 300 hours. Even then is no indication that the plugs need changing!

Rob