Yamaha parts shipping and out-the-door speed

fishinAK1

Reaction score
Model
CHOOSE
Hello
I'm about to bite the bullet and order a new OEM O2 sensor for my 2005 200 hp OX66 (Yamaha Saltwater Series II). All three of the big sites (boats.net, SimYamaha, and Crowley Marine) have similar prices. However, being in Alaska the shipping prices are similarly outrageous. Ok, I live in a great state and for that Ill choke down the high shipping costs.

My question is, which of these sites truly does seem to ship out the fastest. Or is there another good option for Yammi parts? Or any coupon codes for these sites?

Thanks so much for any input!

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Impressed with SIMYAMAHA shipping speed and valuable information. Ordered a lot from them and it was usually same day out the door. Could be different given our current situation. I'd call and ask, I've found them very honest.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I like SIM, too. Nice people and good customer service.

Did you end up doing the tests to verify the O2 is the issue? Hate to just throw parts at something, you know?

Reactions: fishinAK1

fishinAK1

Reaction score
Model
CHOOSE
You know I didn’t end up finding the O2 test. But I’m really at a loss. Just seems like most likely cause. Seems I’ve ruled out every other like suspect.
Maybe, I’ll get lucky and talk to Andy at Sim tomorrow..

imjus4u2nv

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I ordered from Boats.net and was out the next day, had within 3 days (ordered 3x bc I needed more parts and was fast each time).

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You might check Partsvu.com as well. Sometimes they are a couple bucks cheaper.

Boats.net has a huge warehouse here in GA.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
You know I didn’t end up finding the O2 test. But I’m really at a loss. Just seems like most likely cause. Seems I’ve ruled out every other like suspect.
Maybe, I’ll get lucky and talk to Andy at Sim tomorrow..
I'd assume your manual should be at least mostly the same as mine. Afterall, 02 sensors didn't change. But go to the electrical section (Ch. 8 in my book) and you'll see it listed. But quickly... resistance should be less than 100 ohms between the white wires. Voltage should be less than .3V with a running and warm engine at idle : (B/W (B) - Gy). That's exactly how it is listed - I'm not at the boat to make sense of that, but it may mean between a ground and the Grey wire. But look at your manual - see what makes sense to you.

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
When my port engine RPM did not get up to 5500, the problem turned out to be a bad spark plug cap, replaced it and that solved the issue.

Ridge Runner

Reaction score
I ordered from SIM on Monday, got shipping notification Friday, arrived today, too late to get started...

Fishtales

Reaction score
Andy at SIM is very good! Glad to see he was able to tighten you up.