Yamaha remote engine flush

2016GW209Fisherman

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 209
Looking for remote flushing options for my 2014 GW 271 Canyon. Unfortunatly the boat did not come with a remote flushing kit any ideas?

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I use Melnor hose quick connects. Put a female on the engine to store the flush hose and a male on the flush hose.IMG_1085.jpeg

Last edited:

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I suppose if your trying to do this on a lift you could snap a set of flush hoses on before you list it. Or do something more permeant and run the hoses back. For me I just connect my dock hose with the quick connect.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have twin engines so I made a double hose flush tool. As Stated above quick connect make the job a lot easier. I also added an of/offvalve to each hose so I can turn each engine on and off. Saves a bunch of trips back and fort to the dock faucet.

seasick

Reaction score
I use Melnor hose quick connects. Put a female on the engine to store the flush hose and a male on the flush hose.View attachment 15634
I do the same thing but the fittings only last two seasons. The salt water environment rusts the internal spring and the adapt or gets harder and harder to disconnect. Good news is that the adapters are fairly cheap

seasick

Reaction score
Assuming your motors are Yamahas, the piece of the flush connection that attaches to the cowl goes nowhere. It is a dead end. In theory you could extend the hose portion to a fitting somewhere to make access easier. The fitting should be OFF when not used. There are garden hose adapters like shown but different gender that will do. You just need to select the ones that have the check valve that closes the flow when disconnected.. Note that these adapters can restrict the flow a bit as will a longer piece of hose that extends the flush hose. I would be careful about running the motor on the flush port only. ( Yes I know that Yamaha says not to do so but many folks do and in general, the motor won't overheat if just idled).