Yamaha: Replacing Diaphragms in Low Pressure Fuel Pumps?

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Good morning, Gents. Time to turn my thoughts to buying maintenance parts. Have any of you replaced just the diaphragms rather than the pumps? I was told by a Yamaha engine guy to just buy the diaphragm kits. Trouble is, not able to find the exact kit for my engine. Have the old reliable 225 SX 2-stroke engine. Looking for suggestions for a source for these. Thanks.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The pumps themselves are not expensive....about $45 apiece the last time I bought them. It's a simple replacement.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
These parts are very easy to find, I'm surprised you're having trouble. Try Sim Yamaha - good bunch of guys/gals there - very easy to work with. But, it's not a whole lot more for the entire assembly. And the whole assembly gets you all new rubber parts - more than just the diaphram. If you don't want the Yamaha brand, get Sierra.

seasick

Reaction score
It's not worth it to just replace diaphragms in my opinion. If you have bad check valves, replacing the diaphragm won't help. In the world of marine part pricing, the pumps aren't that expensive.