Yamaha Tachs

Dead Fish AK

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have a 1995 Sailfish 27 with twin 200 Yamaha's. Three tach set up. The left tach (for the Port engine) is the only one that shows hours and has a selector button for other features. The middle Tach shows the gas tank levels etc. The right Tach doesn't have a button to select features but shows three colors at the bottom of the tach and no selector button. Am I missing something on these or where can I get the hours for the Stairboard engine?

Also, the left tach is flashing on the trim tab. Is a wire possibly loose?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Just two tachometers (RPM, temp, oil and battery indicators) and a multifunction display (usually speed, fuel gage and etc). Both tachs should show engine hours if properly configured. I'd check the manual and ensure you are displaying it as there may be an option to display or not. If that isn't the issue, you may have an open wire and not getting the info. The trim tabs should have their own gage from the manufacturer. I believe you are confusing battery level with trim tab. Sounds like you may have a wiring issue for both the battery and hours on one of your engines.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Yamaha tachs do not show trim tabs they show engine trim.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Actually they show both, but you are correct the bars are for the motor trim as opposed to trim tabs. The mode button lets you see the batt, temp and oil - my bad!

Dead Fish AK

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks I will get the book and run these down.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have a 1995 Sailfish 27 with twin 200 Yamaha's. Three tach set up. The left tach (for the Port engine) is the only one that shows hours and has a selector button for other features. The middle Tach shows the gas tank levels etc. The right Tach doesn't have a button to select features but shows three colors at the bottom of the tach and no selector button. Am I missing something on these or where can I get the hours for the Stairboard engine?

Also, the left tach is flashing on the trim tab. Is a wire possibly loose?

Let me know what you find on the flashing engine trim. My OX66 trim seems to stop indicating where my engine is this year the first time I go out each time. It then starts working. I noticed with the engine all the way up, the top bar was flashing.

I need to look into it to see what’s going but please share what you learn

seasick

Reaction score
Actually they show both, but you are correct the bars are for the motor trim as opposed to trim tabs. The mode button lets you see the batt, temp and oil - my bad!
What the gauges display depends on the motors and the model of the gauge. For a lot of older gauges and motors ( 2 stroke), the oil and temp display is only for alarms and not actual values (battery will show volts but don't bet your life on its accuracy:)).
So the first questions are motor model and gauges type ( digital, round, square, etc) A picture of the gauges will help