Yammy Square Gauges-NONE of the buttons work

metla100

Reaction score
I have Speed/Fuel and Tach square command link gauges on my 2006 F225. The gauges are on miles Trip/TTL and Hrs/Trip and are working fine registering all of the data. HOWEVER, I cannot change the mode, reset, etc. The buttons seem to be frozen/inoperable and I can't change the screens on both.

Any experience or recommendations regarding this?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I don't know if this is the 'correct' way to do things, but the first thing I would do is disconnect the gauges on the back side for a few minutes. Like the good 'ol computer reset situation.

metla100

Reaction score
Have you ever done that and will the gauges retain the data? I've disconnected the batteries to do similar to what you suggested, but that did not work.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I would think that disconnecting the batteries should provide the same possible result. Can't hurt to try, though. Otherwise you're looking at disassembling it to the point where you can check the interior button contact points (and the part of the button, on the inside, that does the "pushing") or replacing. Although, since all of the buttons aren't working, it sounds more in depth as you would think the same thing wouldn't happen to all of the buttons at the same time... back to some kind of 'reset' or replacement.

metla100

Reaction score
I'm going to fully disconnect the batteries. I've only turned the 1/2 battery switch to off, there still may be current going up to the cockpit in that position. Thanks for weighing in, any other suggestions would be appreciated.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Your gauges should not have any power with the battery switches off. The gauges do not store engine data, that is done in the ECU. Get a copy of the rigging installation manual for the command link square gauges. Mine is on the boat, but you can probably find one on line. I seem to remember that you hold down both buttons for a few seconds to change the setup/read outs. It may be that your system is in that mode and it is just a matter of holding down he right combination of buttons for the right amount of time to get it set up the way you want it. This may help: http://www.criboats.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/CommandLink-Operation-manual-Square.pdf Good Luck!

metla100

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I'm sure it's something rather simple, just thought I'd find more out there about the same issue. I'm pretty sure I have the command link operating manual, but I downloaded the link you provided.