Yes

Barry Pugh

Reaction score
I did the same thing, however the anchor won't fall when engaged to lower. I have to give it a push for it to fall. Any one else have this problem?
Barry.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
That is because you have the wrong anchor roler. It should be the one that pivots. But that's o.k anyway, cause you have to go up front to unclip the anchor anyway. HINT, HINT, always secure the anchor when under way.

bc282

Reaction score
Ditto on the HINT HINT.
add a small piece of stainless cable with double clasp lock to clip to the anchor chain to ensure it doesn;t deploy when you don't want it to.
Good lookin' install. reminds me i'd better check my windlass' operation before the season gets going just in case i use it (lots of years saltwater boating and fishing and never yet to throw the hook!)

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
That is because you have the wrong anchor roler. It should be the one that pivots. But that's o.k anyway, cause you have to go up front to unclip the anchor anyway. HINT, HINT, always secure the anchor when under way.

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
I am ashamed to say but I dont clip my windless anchor -
My doesnt roll right off as mentioned, but when I know I am going to anchor I just bump the switch and the next wave I hit it drops down four to six inches and is ready to drop-
Tim

dduflo

Reaction score
I installed the same windlass on my Islander and have problems with the rode jaming the windlass. Any suggestions?

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
dduflo, are you using the right type of strand rope, I believe that lewmar requires a special weave pattern to have it grab right, otherwise it will jam or skip. also, your line might be really hard and tough and have kinks in it if it is older, remove the line and let it soak a day or 2 in fabric softener to let it soften up so it comes in batter, hard rope will have a tough time grabbing correctly on the windlas.

Pete, I noticed you have your epirb on the hardtop, is that a manual deploy or automatic model? It looks like it has hydrostatic release from the picture but I could be mistaken. If it is a hydrostatic release, I have to warn you that is not the right set up for a Grady your size, most Grady's are foam filled and therefore even when they sink it would take a substantial hole to get it far enough below to actually deploy, the hydrostatic relsea needs to be 3m or greater below to release. A typical grady that sinks will still bob on the surface so your epirb may not go off, a manual release is the right model to use unless your on some of the bigger models that are not foam filled, the 23 though is foam filled. Not sure if you were aware of this or not, just want you to be safe out there.

dduflo

Reaction score
Gradyfish, I have new Premium 8 Plait Rode that is made by Lewmar. Any other ideas?