Yes

dan313

Reaction score
Nice Job. Where did you get the lights from? I was thinking of changing the lights that i now have to LEDs.

Lenny

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
great job, nice clean and tidy, am i right in thinking they are not quite as bright as the halogens?

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Pete, very nice install. Pictures look great, glad you are happy with the lights. That makes 2 of us now!! Cannot wait to get my boat in Wed and sometime that week get some pictures in the dark with all my lights on...should be bright. I like the wire loom, very clean install and will also help protect the wires and connections. It will be nice to know you can run those lights a long time and that they are only drawing 2amps total as opposed to about 8.5-9amps with the halogens.

Jekyl, the XIL-40's 720 lumens opposed to roughly 800 from the halogens so they are slightly less light, but will cover a similar area, for lighting the cockpit it will do the job well, if you want to light the water and cockpit go with the XIL-80. The light is a clean white instead of a blazing bright yellow so it looks different to the eye at first until you adjust to the new color, I find LED light's to be a more soothing color to look at and do not feel my eyes get strained like they did with the halogens.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Nice job Pete, they look great. Need a favor from you, can you measure those lights for me, i'm interested too but i wanted to see if they fit in or in front of my existing lights. I want to remove my lights and replace them with those, but my lights sit in a socket kinda.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
They look nice and give off pleanty of light. I ordered the lights BOE was selling and they will not be shipping until the end of May (at best). Any further delays and I'm getting another brand. It's good to know there is a nice alternative.