Yes

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
I don't think that should be a surprise in the current environment. The "free" tickets may not be entirely free to the builder, and GW has recently made some further cuts in Greenville.

Brian

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
I didn't get any either this year... I think if you ask GW directly (or your dealer if they are attending theshow) they may give them to you.

Fishtales

Get a pair every year. They got 2 new boat sales, so maybe this has something to do with it. It's just like fishing, they put the chum in the water, but the fish need to be there to bite...

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
ocnslr said:
I don't think that should be a surprise in the current environment. The "free" tickets may not be entirely free to the builder, and GW has recently made some further cuts in Greenville.

Brian
Brain,
What sort of cuts did they have to make in Greenville?

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
capt chris said:
Brian,
What sort of cuts did they have to make in Greenville?

When we toured the plant in late May, they were on a four-day work week in the plant.

I spoke with the manager of our local dealership yesterday and he indicated that GW had further reduced the work week on the production floor. He also indicated that some long-term employees that he knew had very recently been laid off.

fishingFINattic

I have gotten them for the NYC show that last few seasons - used them too -
None this year - oh well - with a new baby a trip to the city would be a little tough...
Tim

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Two years ago in AC I stopped in at Somerspoint Marina for some parts and they gave me a couple of passes.
Last year I purchased the tickets for the NY show online and sometime later was offered to complete a survey about the show in exchange for two free passes to the 08 show. I just printed them this past week and am going on Monday. The ticket says that 2380 surveys were completed.

twinyams265

NA2P, sorry I did not think about the ticket thing. My buddies and I usually take the train in to the city, the LIRR offers a "boat show special" which is a package deal for the train ticket and show ticket for around $20 bucks. New ride is great so far, extremely offshore oriented and also great to take the wife/ kids fluking. I am puling it on saturday, and will begin going thru the whole boat to refresh/replace/update everything(have quite a list). I am glad your motors are sweet, my buddie's are still awesome. Say hi to Chip for me when you see him.

fishingFINattic

1st grady said:
Two years ago in AC I stopped in at Somerspoint Marina for some parts and they gave me a couple of passes.
Last year I purchased the tickets for the NY show online and sometime later was offered to complete a survey about the show in exchange for two free passes to the 08 show. I just printed them this past week and am going on Monday. The ticket says that 2380 surveys were completed.

I did that same survey but never got the tickets! :roll:

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
The tickets are in the form of an email, you print the confirmation and take the letter to the "Will Call" window.

Average Joe

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
I got 4 tickets this year, two from Port of Egypt and two from another dealer. I will go this weekend to check out the new boats.

The way you buy boats they should send a limo pick you up. :lol:

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Average Joe said:
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
I got 4 tickets this year, two from Port of Egypt and two from another dealer. I will go this weekend to check out the new boats.

The way you buy boats they should send a limo pick you up. :lol:

Ohh Yea