You tube ..... Haulover

Ozz043

Reaction score
So who else watches “ZipZap”, “Living off the land“ and “Wavy Boats“waiting for a Grady to cruise through ?
i get a real buzz out of watching those clips...some really nice boats :cool:

teaklejr

Reaction score
Glad I am not the only weirdo watching them.My wife thinks I am nuts for watching them.

Reactions: Ozz043

Ozz043

Reaction score
I love watching the boats running through the waves, the people with no idea and they are evolving with the drone footage and now a little bikini action ......whats not to like if you’re into boating

ive seen only a few Gradys though unfortunately

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I watch them too. Very few know to ride the back of that big roller in and just charge through sometimes stuffing the bow.
Often showing very little care for passenger safety.

Ozz043

Reaction score
they look good don’t they .... ! Thanks for posting Seafarer
i just can’t get over how many can’t drive boats and they’re heading out to sea ...
the JetSki riders put themselves in a LOT of danger too

Fishtales

Reaction score
Spill more beer than they drink. Surprised how many are out and back in shortly. Thanks for posting....

Finest Kind

Reaction score
a little calmer that day eh?

Haulover inlet is not bad at all...as long as you know how to handle your boat.
Not any different from Manasquan Inlet or Barnegat Inlet up in NJ, which I boated from for over 30 years before moving the boat down here.

Most of those videos showing rough water (and the googans who don't know what they are doing on the water) are taken while the tide is screaming out, and the wind is howling in....wind against the tide WILL stack up the waves here, or in any narrow inlet.

Best part about Haulover is 3 miles out and you are in 400 feet plus with natural reefs and artificial reefs loaded with Grouper, Yellowtail, Jacks, and Muttons on the bottom, with Sailfish, Wahoo and King Mackerel patrolling above.
Drive a bit more to around 8 miles out you and are in 1000 feet plus with weed lines and current rips where the Mahi and Blackfin Tuna forage for flying fish.

Back in NJ, we have to ride at least 50 miles to get to 400+ foot depths for a chance at Pelagic fish.
Down here, drive 50 miles and you are in ANOTHER COUNTRY. (Bimini in the Bahamas)
Love it here!

Last edited:

Ozz043

Reaction score
Nice boat Finest Kind ... you should feature a bit then, I will keep an eye out. They do tend to focus on the fast running boats, the bigger centre consoles.

with all those fish so close to shore yet not many boats have rods on board, it’s crazy

Reactions: Finest Kind

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Very cool, gotta love Finest Kind's 15 minutes of fame!
Yeah thank you sharers out there :cool:
Love the hum of those twin Evinrudes

Last edited:

SirGrady226

Reaction score
Do a search for Jupiter inlet, some videos are pretty nice, and some pretty scary. It's a bit hard to bury the nose on my Seafarer compared to an open bow.

Fishtales

Reaction score
wow talk about a different floor every day.

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Haulover inlet is not bad at all...as long as you know how to handle your boat.
Not any different from Manasquan Inlet or Barnegat Inlet up in NJ, which I boated from for over 30 years before moving the boat down here.

Most of those videos showing rough water (and the googans who don't know what they are doing on the water) are taken while the tide is screaming out, and the wind is howling in....wind against the tide WILL stack up the waves here, or in any narrow inlet.
I’ll second that. Been running Manasquan Inlet for some 30 years and those waves can really stack up with big rollers pushing up against an out going tide.
I’d see boats much bigger than mine get into trouble when they didn’t pay attention and a wave pushes the stern around or when they’re afraid of it and charge in and end going over the top and stuffing the bow. Haulover doesn’t look that bad but seeing them run it with people in the bow, no lifejackets is sketchy.
If the inlet looks less than perfect everyone comes back and wears a jacket. Then I ride in letting the waves set the pace.

Reactions: Finest Kind

Ozz043

Reaction score
Two Gradys in this one 0:18 sec and 8:18

Finest Kind

Reaction score
Best part about Haulover is 3 miles out and you are in 400 feet plus with natural reefs and artificial reefs loaded with Grouper, Yellowtail, Jacks, and Muttons on the bottom, with Sailfish, Wahoo and King Mackerel patrolling above.
Drive a bit more to around 8 miles out you and are in 1000 feet plus with weed lines and current rips where the Mahi and Blackfin Tuna forage for flying fish.

Back in NJ, we have to ride at least 50 miles to get to 400+ foot depths for a chance at Pelagic fish.
Down here, drive 50 miles and you are in ANOTHER COUNTRY. (Bimini in the Bahamas)
Love it here!
31 inch 20 lb Black Grouper on a Nomad trolling lure.jpg

Like I said, Fishing here is great. Here is a 20 lb. Black Grouper I caught the other day trolling in 60 feet over the natural reef.
He inhaled the Nomad lure and it took a while to get the hooks out of his throat without ripping him up inside, but Grouper are very hardy, (sorta like Blackfish up North), and after holding him over the side with the boat in gear for a minute, he was fully revived and shot down to the bottom.