Your Favorite Fish Recipes

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I'll share one of my favorites. Maybe we can start a Forum Cookbook?

My wife is Media Peruana (half Peruvian) and this is a big hit in her family!

Ceviche

Ingredients
• 2 pounds FRESH fish (firm white variety, I like Sea Bass, Halibut, Haddock etc.)
• 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon Juice (about 3 to 4 lemons)
• 1 cup fresh squeezed lime Juice (about 6 to 8 limes)

• 1 medium / large red onion, cut VERY thin julienne style about 1’’ long or so (amount TT)

• ½ cup celery chopped TT
• fresh chopped cilantro TT
• 1 Jalapeño pepper minced (seeded enough to reduce bite to personal taste)
• 2 to 3 cloves Garlic minced

• Kosher or Sea Salt TT
• fresh cracked black Pepper TT

TT = To Taste

Directions
Rinse fish with fresh water and pat dry. Cut into pieces ½ to ¾ inch cubes. Put into glass bowl and combine lemon and lime juice to just cover the fish. Cover bowl and place in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
Drain excess juice, reserving some in case it ends up a little to dry, and add onions, celery, cilantro, hot pepper, garlic. Add Salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Refrigerate to meld flavors until ready to serve.
This recipe makes approximately 6 servings as an appetizer, or a nice batch for a party to serve with tortilla chips.
Traditional Peruvian Style is served on a lettuce bed with corn on the cob and boiled potato on the side.
Options: Mix seafood (Ceviche Mixto) – Scallops, Shrimp (blanch for 30 seconds), Calamari and different varieties of fish.

gw204

Reaction score
Tuna or rockfish (striped bass) on my grill at home with some butter and hamburger seasoning. Other than that...none. I generally hate fish.