180 CC Dashboard Circuit Breaker & Switch Replacement?

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
My running lights weren't turning on, I traced the problem to a faulty 10A dashboard circuit breaker which was only putting 6VDC through. This is a small rubber button next to the switch on the dash. I tried removing the dash but the 6 mounting screws have frozen, the first one snapped right off.

Can this be replaced from the front, if I remove the rubber cover will there be a small locking ring which will allow me to remove it from inside the console? Does the rubber cover just pry off?

Also, my horn switch is wonky, are these switches GW specific or available elsewhere? Can this also be done from the front?

thanks,

Rob

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 8.45.47 AM.jpg

Fuzz

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Hi Rob.
I think you are looking at one of these (see pic at link). Not sure all are designed identical to the one attached, but all I have seen are. Rubber boot screws off. Locking nut is then accessible. The breaker will need to slide out the back though.
The switch itself looks discolored more so than its brethren. Could it be the switch itself? It too is very easy to swap out as well. It pops out the front. Google Carling Rocker switch to find a replacement if needed. There are many types. Just match the new to the old if needed.
New Wire Marine is a great source of materials and info.
Good luck!