1987 204C Midship Scuppers

controlsct

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I searched around because I know the answer I am looking for is here but couldn't find it. I pulled my 1987 204C walkaround out yesterday for the winter and found the port side scupper ( I think this is the deck drain in front of cabin door) to be broken right off. this is right on the waterline on the port side. How do I access the inside to replace? behind the drawers? Going to now be a winter project to replace them all so starting the research now. Thnak you in advance.

Greg

CJ7Rob

Reaction score
I searched around because I know the answer I am looking for is here but couldn't find it. I pulled my 1987 204C walkaround out yesterday for the winter and found the port side scupper ( I think this is the deck drain in front of cabin door) to be broken right off. this is right on the waterline on the port side. How do I access the inside to replace? behind the drawers? Going to now be a winter project to replace them all so starting the research now. Thnak you in advance.

Greg

Thinking of doing the same on mine. Let me know if you change your thru hull fittings with stainless. Looking for what size they are,Thx

seasick

Reaction score
It is quite possible that you will need to cut an access hole in the deck flooy or in the inside wall to get to the inside of the fitting. Then you would install a deck plate to cover the hole. Personally, I would not go stainless but rather bronze (not brass). The bronze can be plain or chromed on the outside. Note that fittings that may be below the water line, should not be stainless
My 208 hull which is the same size as your hull came with the access plates. That said, getting to the fittings may still be a challenge.
Marelon (plastic) is also a good choice and less expensive. It can last a long time. Make sure you get Marelon

controlsct

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Thank you, I was planning on going bronze. I thought I read on here somewhere that if you take out the drawers under the port pedestal seat and the draw box that you can access albeit tight. I'm going to dive into it this weekend and will update.

seasick

Reaction score
At first I though you were talking about the livewell plumbing in the locker aft of the seat base. The deck drain didn't occur to me until after I posted. You may be able to access the fittings using the seat base opening. Let us know.

timo14

Reaction score
Assuming it's the same as an 86, you can get to the port side by taking the drawer box out. On the starboard, you need to cut an access port in the panel that is at your ankle. Swing your right leg to the right while you're at the helm... that piece you bang into is where you cut the hole. I found a fairly large rectangular access hatch that would fit in that space, and cut the whole thing out.

BTW... this job sucks, but it is do-able.

Fishtales

Reaction score
SS over bronze is the best but SS is ok if above the waterline. As these scupper drains are close, I'd say bronze.

controlsct

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Assuming it's the same as an 86, you can get to the port side by taking the drawer box out. On the starboard, you need to cut an access port in the panel that is at your ankle. Swing your right leg to the right while you're at the helm... that piece you bang into is where you cut the hole. I found a fairly large rectangular access hatch that would fit in that space, and cut the whole thing out.

BTW... this job sucks, but it is do-able.
Great thanks for the info. Going to dive in this weekend.

controlsct

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
The New England leaves kept me from attempting it last weekend so maybe this weekend before the shrink wrap goes on.