1989 Gulfstream Mercruiser 5.7

JeffN

Reaction score
Are you going to look at the boat or is it too far away to bother with the sellers attitude. It would be nice for you to be able to check it out, how far a drive is it?

'84Offshore

Reaction score
I'd go back o the Gulfstream and renegotiate...........drop in a 383 stroker or build one with the bloc that's in there.

Altamira

Reaction score
I did go back to the Gulfstream, I told him I would make another offer based on what was found with the engine. He said he has decided to keep the boat. I am looking at a 1996 Seafarer 226 right now, good price with a Yamaha 225 on the back, we'll see how this one goes...

JeffN

Reaction score
Altamira I have to give you credit you are persistent! Good luck with this one. When I have a similar situation I often think to myself - "Dude it should not be this much work to spend money".

Keep us posted.

Altamira

Reaction score
Well the deal is finally done, I got the Seafarer. Probably a good thing I went with that boat, I'm not sure how the pickup would have done towing the Gulfstream as the Seafarer had the truck working hard. Jeff I'll let you know if we ever shoot over to the Island, we can have a couple cocktails. Thanks for all your help guys.

JeffN

Reaction score
Congrats on the new boat! Took a while to find something but at least you have some good weather left this season to get out on the water. In the future if you make a the trip over let me know, a meet up would be fun.

Altamira

Reaction score
Thanks again for your help guys, smooth sailing to everyone!