1992 spirit termites

GWSHUM

Reaction score
Model
Spirit
Have Formosa termites in the hull of my 1992 gw spirit. Had Vikane applied twice .Have noticed red particles flowing with water out of the transom plug hole.Thinking about cutting the floor out to see how bad the damage is. The transom and floor feel solid. But still concerned about unseen damage to the stringers. Anybody experience this situation on their boat? Grady White sent me the layout of the stringers. I have only 74 hours on the boat ,motor,and trailer. Thanks for any feedback.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
GWSHUM. First, welcome to the forum. I don’t know the answer to your question, but I’ll suggest posting it in the general forum. There it will be seen by all the members, quite a few who have invaluable experience.

Rob

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Could drill a couple exploratory holes and refill with epoxy once you see the extent of the issue.

SirGrady226

Reaction score
Have Formosa termites in the hull of my 1992 gw spirit. Had Vikane applied twice .Have noticed red particles flowing with water out of the transom plug hole.Thinking about cutting the floor out to see how bad the damage is. The transom and floor feel solid. But still concerned about unseen damage to the stringers. Anybody experience this situation on their boat? Grady White sent me the layout of the stringers. I have only 74 hours on the boat ,motor,and trailer. Thanks for any feedback.
I'm having my Seafarer 226 tented next moth for dry wood termites. I have tried everything else with no good results. They seem to be only in the very front tapered part of the port side stringer inside the storage area. I get signs of wings in that cabinet and nowhere else.