2000 GW 282 sailfish

Edw

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
We have a 2000 GW 282 sailfish and doing a lot of upgrades! One question: The head is a Jabsco electric maserator. In the forward hatch, there a 3 sea cocks.
Nothing in any manuals are there 3. Anyone know how you use those 3? (new to the head business!) Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
Do you have air conditioning? If so you need a raw water supply seacock for cooling

One seacock if it has a larger diameter hose is probably the discharge port for the holding tank. You would also need a raw water seacock for the head assuming it is a sea water model. I am not familiar with the locations of all the seacocks on that hull, so the above are guesses.

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
We have a 2000 GW 282 sailfish and doing a lot of upgrades! One question: The head is a Jabsco electric maserator. In the forward hatch, there a 3 sea cocks.
Nothing in any manuals are there 3. Anyone know how you use those 3? (new to the head business!) Thanks
Manual head here, make sure you clean all those vents and check them regularly, if you can't shoot water down the pumpout without it backing up then you have a clog somewhere. My vent hose get's clogged at the end from mud wasps and at the tank elbow from 'waste' sloshing around. As far as seacocks go on my 2002 there are two, they are located in the access in the cabin floor with the fwd bilge, right in front of the fridge. In my model year there is a pop out cover inside of a square panel you can unscrew for greater access to work on bilge pump and shower sump. One is the raw water IN for toilet, the other is the discharge, which is disabled since I'm on the Chesapeake. No idea about that third one if it's not AC.

Edw

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have the same. Starboard and port are intake and discharge for head. Center one is for AC should have a strainer on it. I have replaced all the head parts. Jabsco unit macerate pump and holding tank level indicators