2008 33 GW - Twin 350's

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
There is a 330 in my marina that he installed 2 more seats facing foward.The port side he mounted it on the lid of the storage box tha also becomes ref.box, but you can't open the lid unless you remove the seat, and the second seat on starboard side where the drop down lid is between the seats.It looks nice.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
i've been doing a lot of research and comparisons. the only two things i don't like is the low bow rail (grady says they don't have to meet the abyc standard since it's not really a "deck rail" - bs, they should, others do!) and the interior helm access (pursuit really has it nailed here with the fold down helm). not deal killers.

i can't pull the trigger for a few weeks, but here's the question: how dumb would it be to drop this kind of change without a sea trial? we're moving up from an '02 gulfstream (purchased new) and it is by far the best boat i have ever been in for the class. i was trying to get out on one of the guy's at my marina ealier model year 33 this past season, but schedules did not sync up. i know he loves the boat, but not the hpdi's. a sea trial wouldn't happen until the end of april so that would push delivery out further (again, not a deal killer).

i know i would have to get used to a boat this large, but that's a fact of life if we want to move up. also, we didn't live in our house before we bought that, right?? and i kinda see this as a vacation home.

so, observations??

thx, ron

Gary M

Reaction score
ElyseM said:
how dumb would it be to drop this kind of change without a sea trial?

This boat would be a big jump from your Gulfstream. I'd play it very safe and do a sea trial with all your regular folks along too. For example, you may find that the helm does not work well for you, etc.....

Try accessing the bow while the boat is bobbing around. Try out everything in the cabin. Run the genset and power the AC underway. Any exhaust fumes from the genset? Is it louder than you thought? How is access to the genset, batts, bilge, seacocks, etc? How about while the boat is bouncing around? Put as many folks at the helm area as you can. How does that "work"?

Go for the boat ride!

flyboy911

Reaction score
Pics of the 300 lbers!! Geeeeezzzzzz. I guess everybody has their problems. Great looking boat! Enjoy her!